Am I going to fail my HSC because of my average/failed marks in trials? (1 Viewer)

monieo

HSC
Look i'll be honest I really bummed around during trials.
I got pretty average scores and I failed two subjects.

I'm doing English advanced btw too :)

For Trials I got:
31/45 - English paper 1

36/60 - English Paper 2

41/100 - Ancient History

26/40 - IT (Industry Technology)

26/60 = Society and Culture

62/100 = Studies of Religion II

So I did really average and failed Ancient and Society and culture. (but usually I fail Ancient history anyway and do okay in society and culture (from my marks so far))

My ranks aren't all that good either I think i'm like 69/80 for English (I haven't looked at my other ranks because I really dont want to know because they make me feel like crap)

HOWEVER, I am trying to work hard on fixing my trial marks and review my notes really hard for HSC, but I have tried to work hard this year and I've done pretty good in some assessments but from what i've read rank affects a lot. Also my school (private) ranks very well as a whole so I was wondering if I can be saved by hard work and scaling.

:S I really want to go to university but I need a 70ATAR and even though that's not that very high compared to others, but for me its hard to get (probably because i'm stressed)

Can someone give me some advice on getting at least a 70? I really really REALLY want to do well for HSC. :S

Thanks x

Last edited:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
What is your school rank?
Or what are your ranks?
Don't worry about failing ancient, that was a pretty hard exam.

Unless you have consistently failed those two subjects throughout the year, you have nothing to worry about.
Work hard.

monieo

HSC
My school was ranked 57 last year so I guess that's pretty good.

I really don't know my ranks :S I probably should find out but i'm scared :(
I've failed ancient consecutively throughout the year (we have a VERY hard marking teacher and me and my friend are often failing or barely passing exams because of it), I've done whatever for society and culture, usually passing :)

Thanks for replying, really helps ^^

Any advice I could use right now aha

Kowther

HSC
Hey man, don't worry. If your school is ranked well, then you should get scaled up. Just study hard for HSC. I got 60's for every trial (except SOR because I don't know that one yet) But I'm planning to make it up by studying hard in HSC and hopefully getting 80+ for each exam.

Elisa Sweet

HSC
You can't fail your exams unless you get 2 N-awards. There are other ways to get into Uni in case you don't get the marks. Focus mainly on what you are having trouble with. Teachers generally have some good ideas on how you can study more effectively, so maybe ask them for ideas. Good luck :)

monieo

HSC
I hope so, but I don't want to solely rely on my school rank. it's a little slack if I do and I want to work as hard as I can (even though my motivation is zilch for most of the time >.<)
Just gotta stop procrastinating and force myself into the books haha.

it's good to hear that other people got similar marks to me (no offence of course), and i'm not freaking out at much now. Good luck for HSC and beyond! :)

Ashi sharma

HSC
dnt worry it happens in this stage..bcoz its happening with me also...if u study hard in hsc u will be okay..u will get in 70s so dnt worry and study hard..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)