Am i overreacting about my marks? (1 Viewer)

Nebth3master

HSC
I'll try to keep this short, but basically afraid of failing the HSC and getting a terrible atar and not being able to go to uni, and idk if I'm overreacting.

1. I applied to leaders and achievers early entry, which basically looks at extracurricular stuff, and doesn't care about your atar (as long as you pass, which I'm scared I won't). I feel like I have a good chance of getting in but am still scared of completely falling the HSC.

2. I also applied to SRS. Not sure how good that is, but ik my marks were pretty good in year 11 (all approx. In the 85 region)

3. I also applied to EAS for ADHD (education access scheme), but idk how high my chances of getting in are based on that, since I'm also competing with other people.

The thing is I'm really scared because I didn't really have time to study in the holidays, and I'm a big procrastinator, and I still haven't fully prepared for my trials, and they're starting next week and almost all of them are in the same week.

I'm really scared, am I overreacting considering my amount of applications?

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
I would say that you should recognise that there are many other students in a situation like you. Knowing this can give you relief. Secondly, since your trials are close, I would suggest you to approach it with the mindset of "no loss, all gain" - in essence, whatever effort you put in right now, will enable you to thrust your marks by any amount. Any work is better than no work. Just submit your applications and hope for the best. You will make it!!!

MJRey

HSC
I would say that you should recognise that there are many other students in a situation like you. Knowing this can give you relief. Secondly, since your trials are close, I would suggest you to approach it with the mindset of "no loss, all gain" - in essence, whatever effort you put in right now, will enable you to thrust your marks by any amount. Any work is better than no work. Just submit your applications and hope for the best. You will make it!!!
Yes, absolutely. Everyone would be feeling extra stressed since there's no denying it's a pretty stressful time of the year. Besides, trials can help you prepare for the HSC, the real deal by pointing out your weak points. Don't stress... you've got this! And good luck with the applications!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)