Am I Screwed? (1 Viewer)

TahirIssa

HSC
Hey guys! I have just received my first disappointing mark which obviously was Biology :(. I got 73% despite averaging 95% in the prior assessment tasks. Have I completely ruined my chances of getting a band 6 in Bio?

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
What marks did everyone else get? I don't think a B6 is always >90 hsc exam mark anyway, I think they make it so a certain % = a 90 HSC mark which equals a B6

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Rank is far more important than mark.

Depends on what rank that 73% equates to.

I personally think u can still do it, since there’s still the final external hsc, just do well in that, and you should get that Band 6.

jojosiwa123

HSC
as long as your rank is good you still have a chance as hsc is worth 50%. most ppl consider trials to be way harder than hsc (cus everyone is generally unprepared for a 3 hr exam) and many do better in the actual hsc exam. and also, getting band 6 isn't be all end all, I know people who've gotten very high band 5s for their subjects and still managed to get atars in the 90s

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
What is more important is the ranking. Also, it depends on how difficult the exam was / how harsh the marking was. So a better indication would be to compare against how others in your cohort did. If it's still a fairly good ranking then you will be fine. I had friends in bio who got in the high 70% for the trial because it was harshly marked but they still ranked like top 5 and then went on to get a mid band 6 in biology

whatsup1812

HSC
Hey guys! I have just received my first disappointing mark which obviously was Biology :(. I got 73% despite averaging 95% in the prior assessment tasks. Have I completely ruined my chances of getting a band 6 in Bio?
Short answer - yes.

大きい男

HSC
It depends on the strength of the cohort. I was about 40th out of 110 students, averaging about 80% and I still got a 91 assessment mark. You should look at how many band 6s your school normally gets and see if your rank falls in that range.

jojosiwa123

HSC
You still have a chance of a band 6, as long as your rank is good. Now its up to you to try and get the best possible mark in the actual hsc (keep in mind that a band 6 is in the 90-100 mark range)... you will likely need to get in the mid 90s if you are hoping for a band 6, your actual hsc mark is still in your control and worth 50% so keep trying!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)