am i the only one who has no motivation? (1 Viewer)

klaris

HSC
no worries :) it's odd, all of a sudden i have motivational suggestions coming out of my ears when not even a few days ago i hadn't done anything! only in the last two days has the motivation actually kicked in, i guess that deadline with school going back tomorrow really helps...

klaris

HSC
i look at term three as ten weeks to perfect EVERYTHING (minus what were dropping) so we can handle the HSC stress free and just focus on what we need to. instead of struggling because we didn't really focus in prelim and have forgotten the basic concepts of the class.

Thorres

HSC
Motivation is hard to gain unfortunately :/,

I sit on my ass not caring and i always say "I'll do it tomrorow" and never get around to it, then once i realised i have run out of time i stress like crazy and make a crap attempt at doing what need's to be done.

shaoxiong

HSC
omg ur not in yr 12 =.= forget it
i was playing wow all the way in yr 11 ~~ ehh good old days

sonispucca

HSC
I have actually shocked myself this holidays as to how much procrastination i can get done in a period of 2 weeks. Now all the work is loading up, and here i am :p
Oh well.
I guess it wont be that bad until exams.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Motivation is hard to gain unfortunately :/,

I sit on my ass not caring and i always say "I'll do it tomrorow" and never get around to it, then once i realised i have run out of time i stress like crazy and make a crap attempt at doing what need's to be done.
sooo time is your motivation, congrats you found it :)

no worries :) it's odd, all of a sudden i have motivational suggestions coming out of my ears when not even a few days ago i hadn't done anything! only in the last two days has the motivation actually kicked in, i guess that deadline with school going back tomorrow really helps...
umm yea when you go back to school....its all like normal again...and i think most people just end up losing motivation.

Stress = motivation thats why its created.

Eyedeology

HSC
I have a tiny ammount of motivation kindling in me, i just never act upon it.

I would say a large majority of year 11's are the same.

TeeJay 1993

HSC
Count me in. I'm in Year 12 & I have Trials coming up in 3 weeks.

Motivation 0%

totally agreed.. like right now.. i should be writing two essays (total of 4000 words) due on Friday for extension history and Modern History... :uhoh: and then i could be studying for my actual HSC exams in 3 weeks for japanese speaking.. and japanese extension speaking in 4 weeks.. :uhoh: but i just CBF lol..

Cognitive

HSC
I've crammed quite a few times before tests/exams, and let me tell you, the results clearly reflect on my lack of effort.

Motivation is one thing which I heavily lack, as I just browse the internet all day doing barely anything, and when I do complete any assignments, they are half-assed pieces of crap which I regret leaving to the last minute as my marks should've been higher, but my lack of motivation set me back and prevented me from achieving what I wanted.

Xathanos

HSC
Hmm i'm one not to give great advice, but I try to give something useful. Know that there are many yr 11's that pro'cras so your not alone.. just a small suggestion create a plan for how you would do your HW,assigments and studies for a few days might help organise youself(Don't make it impossible tho). Keep this in mind those who strive in life get rewards, those who don't get left behind.

Best quote EVER! "Procrastination is like masterbation, it feels good at first, but your just screwing yourself.." it's funny because it's true :rofl:

Chambalam

HSC
I personally find that what is harder than summing up the energy and motivation to do school work, is to actually figure out what to do.

It's very vague (my experience with prelim) - just "go do some work"

E.G. I have a maths assessment in 13 days, so I went to my (2) textbooks and I put sticky notes on every excercise (20 of them) that were related. I then went to something like microsoft excel, drew out all the days i had, and put them evenly over the days (ensuring i get as much exposure to each topic per day, rather than a lot of one another day).

The thing about plans is, when its sitting right infront of you - "tuesday: 7-12", you just do it, you dont sitttt aroundddd trying to have a think and ponder about it. It is of course harder for other subjects, but you get the point.

Once you know what to study and its right infront of you in my opinion you should find it far more cruisy

If that helps :\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)