Am I too late? (1 Viewer)

maxwellian

HSC
Ok guys, the situation is that I seem to have missed any opportunities/abilities to have any form of uni application explained to me at school, now I want to know if its too late to apply to uni, and how the hell do I do it? do I call the uni and say what I want to do? I got a 75.65 UAI and I want to do the Bach of IT at newcastle, so I clear it by 10 UAI points easily, what do i do, have I stuffed my life again?

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
Ok guys, the situation is that I seem to have missed any opportunities/abilities to have any form of uni application explained to me at school, now I want to know if its too late to apply to uni, and how the hell do I do it? do I call the uni and say what I want to do? I got a 75.65 UAI and I want to do the Bach of IT at newcastle, so I clear it by 10 UAI points easily, what do i do, have I stuffed my life again?
If you've missed the current uni rounds, you could always apply for next year, and spend this year working or travelling, get a bit of life experience before you start uni, lots of students do this.

Or you could possibly look at mid-year entry into uni, some unis have that option. I don't really know what's involved in that though, you should call the uni and find out what options you have.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
If you've missed the current uni rounds, you could always apply for next year, and spend this year working or travelling, get a bit of life experience before you start uni, lots of students do this.

Or you could possibly look at mid-year entry into uni, some unis have that option. I don't really know what's involved in that though, you should call the uni and find out what options you have.
wtf dude... there's are 2 Late Rounds for a reason.

helper, Go through the UAC website, use your UAC number and pin to log into the Online Applicant Services and set up your preferences

at this late stage, I think it costs quite a bit.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
wtf dude... there's are 2 Late Rounds for a reason.
tf dude, I know that, bradman had mentioned it above. But late rounds are a bit harder to get into if the places are all filled, and that's why I said "IF you've missed the current uni rounds (including the first and late rounds)..." all is not lost. :)

helper

HSC
N/A
helper, Go through the UAC website, use your UAC number and pin to log into the Online Applicant Services and set up your preferences
WTF do I think I gave the link to do that?
It also has the cost at the link I put.
Between $148 (if you are y12) or $174 if you aren't

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I got a 75.65 UAI and I want to do the Bach of IT at newcastle, so I clear it by 10 UAI points easily, what do i do, have I stuffed my life again?
There are no vacancies left for that course so you're very unlikely to get an offer.

These IT courses had cut-offs around your UAI and still have vacancies:

B Computer Science @ Charles Sturt University (Bathurst)
B Inf Tech/B Multimedia @ Griffith University
B Engineering/B Inf Tech @ Griffith University
B Inf Tech @ Macquarie University
B Computer Science @ Macquarie University
B Computer Science @ University of New England
B Computer Science & Technology @ University of Sydney (nb cut-off was 81)
B Mathematics & Computing @ University of Technology, Sydney
B Computing @ University of Western Sydney
B Computer Science @ University of Wollongong
B Inf Tech (Net Dsgn & Mgmt) @ University of Wollongong
B Inf Tech (Social Policy) @ University of Wollongong

So there are still a few left...

maxwellian

HSC
Thanks very much for the help to those of you who were helpful, Lazarus I very much appreciated that list however I only have access/finances to cover my accomodation anywhere other than for Newcastle. So I am banking on the hopes for Vacancies in the courses which I applied for (posted in order below) here at newcastle. Anyway thanks again for the time and help

B. Business/B. Commerce
B. Business
B. Information Technology
B. Commerce
B. Arts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)