Am inforced to repeat (1 Viewer)

Jy3p

HSC
N/A
Hello im currently in year 9 i have done 0 assignments i normally have good attendance excepf for this term becauss i was in self isolation, as my mum was close contact with a positive guy.
Am i going to be forced to repeat (i also have alot of N awards because i dont 0 assignments)
Im terrified because i really dont want to

HSC
N awards or N award warnings?

Either way you really should be doing your assignments. Make sure you are submitting every assignment from now on on time. I think you can possibly progress from Y9 to Y10 with N awards, but that's almost always not the case for Y10 to Y11.

Jy3p

HSC
N/A
N awards or N award warnings?

Either way you really should be doing your assignments. Make sure you are submitting every assignment from now on on time. I think you can possibly progress from Y9 to Y10 with N awards, but that's almost always not the case for Y10 to Y11.
N awards ok ill try but im not very smart and no matter how hard i try i just dont get whats going on or i zone out

golden-touch

HSC
you need to submit something and just show that u made an "effort" in your submission - if you submit a document with just one word and is not related, then you will get a N award alongside a zero mark

HSC
Year 9 and 10 are a very good time to figure out what study strategies work best for you. Do your best to pay attention in class, ask questions of the teach when you don't understand, and make notes; review these before exams, and do a few practice questions now and then.

You should try and figure this out pretty quickly and enforce some study strategies so that you learn the content.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Hello im currently in year 9 i have done 0 assignments i normally have good attendance excepf for this term becauss i was in self isolation, as my mum was close contact with a positive guy.
Am i going to be forced to repeat (i also have alot of N awards because i dont 0 assignments)
Im terrified because i really dont want to
iirc there's a certain threshold of how many N awards you can get before you're forced to repeat. I think it's 3? In all honesty considering you're more than half way through the year if you have so far not handed in any assignments at all for any subjects then most likely you will have to repeat, unless there is some extremely special circumstance in your situation that would give a good justification.

Jy3p

HSC
N/A
iirc there's a certain threshold of how many N awards you can get before you're forced to repeat. I think it's 3? Honestly considering you're more than half way through the year if you have so far not done any assignments at all for any subjects then most likely you will have to repeat, unless there is some extremely special circumstance in your situation that would give a good justification.
Am i forced to repeat tho

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Am i forced to repeat tho
Yes IMO it's likely you will be. Although I can never say anything with 100% certainty, I have seen many people being forced to repeat in my school for scenarios similar to this one. Also rules can vary, it's much more stricter if you're going into year 11 or 12.

You need to consult your school as they will tell you what will happen. You should do that asap.

Jy3p

HSC
N/A
iirc there's a certain threshold of how many N awards you can get before you're forced to repeat. I think it's 3? In all honesty considering you're more than half way through the year if you have so far not handed in any assignments at all for any subjects then most likely you will have to repeat, unless there is some extremely special circumstance in your situation that would give a good justification.
Is there anyway i can change this like something certain i have to do or whatever

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Is there anyway i can change this like something certain i have to do or whatever
Rules vary between schools for this. You need to consult your school.

Just as a note though I think it's unlikely you'll be given the opportunity to make up for this. I know people who did get that but they had only skipped like 1 or 2 assignments, not all of them.

It's not the end of the world if you do repeat. Just make sure to not make the same mistakes!

Jy3p

HSC
N/A
Rules vary between schools for this. You need to consult your school.

Just as a note though I think it's unlikely you'll be given the opportunity to make up for this. I know people who did get that but they had only skipped like 1 or 2 assignments, not all of them.
I will try and have a meeting with the deputy or principle about this. Im also 1 year younger si maybe it wikk help if i do

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
I mean what were you expecting? Sounds a little harsh but seriously man completing assignments should really be the bare minimum. Unless you have some personal/family issues relating to inability to complete work then this predicament is really on you.

Jy3p

HSC
N/A
I have both but i dont wanna go into them

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
I have both but i dont wanna go into them
Understandable then. There's still plenty of time for you to catch up. I believe that if you have a civil conversation with the school/teachers about your situation, they'll be more than likely to encourage and support you. You can voice your fears about repeating and how current climates have hindered your ability to learn and that you still believe personally that you can achieve. Good luck with your studies :)

Jy3p

HSC
N/A
Understandable then. There's still plenty of time for you to catch up. I believe that if you have a civil conversation with the school/teachers about your situation, they'll be more than likely to encourage and support you. You can voice your fears about repeating and how current climates have hindered your ability to learn and that you still believe personally that you can achieve. Good luck with your studies :)
Thank you i will try my hardest and updat you tomorrow after school about what happened

Jy3p

HSC
N/A
As long as i get 15 assignments done i dont have to repeat :)

HSC
That is good news. Make very sure you do those 15 assignments!

tiredsupport

HSC
That is good news. Make very sure you do those 15 assignments!
I have my prelims next week I havent been coming to a certain class due to some problems and now im being slapped with an n award without a warning is that allowed? I feel like I should of been given a warning before actually been given an n (keep in mind im being told this by my parents and not from the teacher) but is it allowed to do that? and if its just a scare should i be able to go into yr 12 ?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I have my prelims next week I havent been coming to a certain class due to some problems and now im being slapped with an n award without a warning is that allowed? I feel like I should of been given a warning before actually been given an n (keep in mind im being told this by my parents and not from the teacher) but is it allowed to do that? and if its just a scare should i be able to go into yr 12 ?
No, you should not receive an N award if you have not previously received two written warnings, as per the following:

NESA requires TWO warnings for a student in order for an N determination to be made by the principal at the end of a course.
In most cases, even if you somehow receive an N award, you can still go into year 12 as long as your other subjects are not impacted, i.e. you are still able to progress and complete the HSC course of your other subjects. The N award would remove the subject in question from your transcript, which, depending on the number of units that you are taking, could impact your eligibility for the HSC/ATAR. I believe that the issue could become more substantial in terms of eligibility for the HSC/ATAR if the affected subject is English (especially if you are not taking anything higher than English Advanced).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)