Amenhotep III (1 Viewer)

Scatterbrain

i have an essay on Amenhotep III which is gonna be a bit difficult to do seeing as my teacher has merely printed out limited sections from generic textbooks & expected us to pull the necessary historiography out of thin air. But since its my last internal exam, im willing to do a bit of searching so if anyone could give me an idea of where some mega helpful sources might be found to analyse the achievements of Amenhotep, i would be very greatful

SmokedSalmon

HSC
Here are my quotes for Amenhotep III's reign...
•“With the Accession of Augustus, Dynasty 18 attained the zenith of its magnificence” (Gardiner)
•“Amenhotep III’s reign of thirty eight years was in the main a peaceful one” (Steindroff and Seele)
•“Amenhotep lost no opportunity in his reliefs and inscriptions or representing himself as a might warrior and world conqueror” (Hayes)
•“Amenhotep contrived…to combine the unwavering spirit of all manner of wordly pleasures with a program of self-glorification…one elaborate on a few grander scale than any previously undertook” (Hayes)
•“He governed his empire by a policy of diplomacy” (Bradley)
•“In Southern Syria…Lebanon and Palestine, Amenhotep’s suzerainty continued without serious challenge” (Newby)
•“Few pharaohs form any period in Egyptian history are as noteworthy for their monument building activities as Amenhotep III” (Johnson)
•“Goods that cannot be counted, silver, gold and all lots of costly stones in their millions” (Lichteim)
•Amenhotep III “issued an extraordinary series of large commemorative scarabs which…were distributed throughout the country… and empire” (Hayes)

I also advise looking at the following historians in more detail: Reeves, Kemp, Redford, Breasted, Aldred, Gardiner (I know there are more but getting u started). just go searching through ur local library and school library. Good luck! Btw if u want some more notes on AIII just pm me :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)