amenhotepIII to death of ramesses II (1 Viewer)

stressed monkie

im a random
heyz everyone i know this might be a bit much to ask but i looked at it and literally had a mental, physical and emotional breakdown

i was wondering if anyone has a summary on each of the kings from amenhotep III to death of ramesses II just stuff like their achievements and all that kind of stuff thanx so much

SmokedSalmon

HSC
lol you have got to be kidding me! Its not that hard to write notes on each one. Just get that blue history book by Lawless and start summarising!! You will learn so much better that way, trust me! :)

SmokedSalmon

HSC
Ah but I guess I am being a lil spiteful considering you are having a nervous breakdown. chill out lilly!

Amenhotep III:
*Building Programs
*Hunter representation as well as warrior pharaoh
*A few military campaigns to keep the empire stable
*Foreign Affairs - diplomatic marriages, tribute, trade remained well.

Akhenaten:
*made Aten the chief god, dismissed the other gods entirely
* moved the entire capital from Thebes to AKhetaten (further down the nile)
*Artistic Reforms - exaggerated figure of AKhenaten and romantic scenes with family and nature.
* Foreign affairs: Amarna Letters show the rise of the Hittites and the steady loss of Egypt control in the north.
*Women - Nefertiti

Tutankhamun etc.. (don't know much)

Seti:
*Military campaigns underwent to restore the empire to its full prestige
*Building programs to elevate Amun as well as other gods

Ramses II:
*First treaty with Hittites instigated during his reign after battle of Kadesh
*Building Programs - again elevation of Amun and other gods etc..
*Other military campaigns
* Nefertari

Well that was a good revisal of what I now know without looking at notes. Phew :) well hope they help u in some way.

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
adding on to smokedsalem's notes:

tutankhamun:
*also knowen as tutankaten before the death of akhenaten
*the "boy-king" reverted back to the old gods, but there was no evidence to suggest the cancellattion of the aten cult
* the return of the warrior pharoah image, instead of the more realistic image of armana arts
*did not rule long , only famouse cause his tomb was the only unrobbed tomb discovered

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
opps...........Ay .........is he the guy that didn't do much?

Last edited:

Pogmahaugn

Amenhotep 3
Akhenaten
Smenkare
Tutankamun
Ay
Horemheb
Ram 1
Seti 1
Ram 2

^i think thats the full list for the period

cakeater

sydney, NSW, Australia, the world the solar system
yeah horemheb razed akhetaten to the ground and used the talatat blocks from akhenatens buildings as land fill for his 9th and 10th pylons at Karnak (?). he knew akhenaten as "that criminal of akhetaten"-wine jar seal from year 7. his wife was mutjodmet, nefertitis sister (that is unusual as although it legitimized his claim to the throne, she was closely associated with atenism). he focussed on political and economic reform of egypt. he proposed new laws to prevent corruption of officials and army people in his 'edict of reform'.
haha tutankhamun was 'the king who spent his life making images" (one of his epithets, this highlights the movement back to overemphasised polytheism)

Last edited:

Flick

Originally posted by Pogmahaugn

^i think thats the full list for the period [/B]
Was anyone else here told that they had to know about Smenkhare(sp?)? Our teacher told us to make sure we knew at least a little about Smenkhare (like enough to write a page or so).

So anyways, Smenkhare fits in between Akhenaten and Tutankhamen, there has been some speculatation whether Smenkhare was male or female - some think that it was Nefertiti under a different name, sharing a co-regency with Akh.

X

xeuyrawp

Some historians argue that Smenkhare didn't even exist. The only real evidence of him/her is the painting at Amarna, which has the faces and cartuches scratched off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)