• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

American Gangster (1 Viewer)

Aye Bay Bay

HSC
Saw "American Gangster" a nearly a month ago. Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe were pretty good in it but sinced the story is based in Harlem, maybe there should be more violence in it to show how gritty Harlem really is.
Movie got a bit boring at times and there was way too much talking. T.I. made a cameo, gotta love the southern accent.
Anyone else saw "American Gangster"?
share your thoughts?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Listened to Jay's AG, then watched the film, then listened to it again. Loved both immensely. Must watch again.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
havent seen the film yet waiting till it comes out in cinemas here

is tip in it much? he is frank lucas' nephew in it eh?

common and rahzel in it much too?

ive heard good things.

L i L O

HSC
kickass movie.

spoiler: why did t.i. have to like, die or whatever forrrr ?

i love that part when they are trying to get the blood out of the carpet,
and denzels like, "you don't rub that shit. you blot that shit goddamn it! blot it! this is $25000 alpaca skin!"

Aye Bay Bay

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
havent seen the film yet waiting till it comes out in cinemas here

is tip in it much? he is frank lucas' nephew in it eh?

common and rahzel in it much too?

ive heard good things.
tip wasnt in it much and yeah he plays franks nephew and a baseball kill.

Peter Yo

HSC
oh ive been so disciplined with not downloading this for fkn ages in order to see it on the big screen without knowing how it goes already

pity T.I isn't in it much he was pretty good in ATL. pity he had the legal troubles too they were gonna cast him as the green lantern in an upcoming movie, instead they are considering common now.

aznboystar

Honourary Azn
HSC
from the comments, i take that the movie is quite good overall? not sure which one i should see first: "I Am Legend" or "American Gangster". Only have a limited budget atm, so have to make the most of it.

Anonymous1

HSC
回复: American Gangster

Had it pirated two months ago, however I resisted the temptations to watch it today upon it's release on the big screen. All I can say is absolutely brilliant, my man... Denzel nailed it once again.

pinoying

HSC
Re: 回复: American Gangster

Yeah Denzel's performance was superb. But does anybody else here think Denzel's Frank Lucas = Denzel's Alonzo Harris (Training Day)... right down to the catch phrases ("My man")

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
aznboystar said:
from the comments, i take that the movie is quite good overall? not sure which one i should see first: "I Am Legend" or "American Gangster". Only have a limited budget atm, so have to make the most of it.
I would recomment I Am Leged first

ballin

Banned
HSC
great film, nothing overly special, but great nonetheless. "my man" denzel is one of the finest african american actors of modern cinema, but seriously russel, get the fuck out of there. richie roberts? pathetic. and the accent didnt fool anyone. oh and, dont watch i am legend, unless you are one of those weird people who think that will smith's retarded ears and scientologism ways are somehow charismatic.

bengore

BLSG
HSC
Denzel plays a heaps good villain.
Didnt think it was in him, as he is more seen in inspirational, action and drama
movies.
Best scene:
Lucas (Denzel) walks out of a cafe onto a busy Harlem street and asked this guy where his money was, the guy becomes a smartarse, so Lucas pulled a gun to his head, the guy goes "What are you gonna do shoot me on a busy street?" and starts laughing. Then Denzel shoots him walks back to the cafe like nothing happened.
Cool SCENE.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
this movie is the shit. common, rza and tip in this. fucking brilliant movie, reminded me of todays version of scarface in some instances. would definately recommend this. denzel has to be one of the best if not the best black actor there is.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
just got back from seeing it at cinemas. fucking awesome. loved it. brilliant.

the scene between denzel and russel is so good, denzel is such a fucking awesome actor

was dissapointed tip wasn't in it much, fucking cops. frank's wife was gorgeous.

smiled when i saw anthony hamilton was in it (dude singing at some function) he is such an amazing singer

efhat

HSC
great movie, although i didnt realise denzel was the villain till bout halfway thru the movie!! not used to seeing him play those roles.....but yeh go and see it great plot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)