• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Amount of effort required for high ATAR (1 Viewer)

Orvin

HSC
Hello, I'm currently in year 11 and is in the process of making a study timetable for 2012 term 4 and 2013. The subjects I'm mostly likely going to be doing next year are, Maths Ext 1, Mathematics, Eng Ext 1, Eng Adv, Bio, Chem, and Phys. I was wondering how many hours a day including weekends would I need to study to get an ATAR above 96ish, sorry if I have posted in the wrong section. I thank you for your future responses. :awesome:

deswa1

HSC
Depends on how natural you are. For some people, they could get a 96 with virtually no effort. For others, they could do their legit best and not get 96. You'll have to try and see for yourself and how long it takes you to learn content etc.

enoilgam

HSC
Study is more goal oriented as opposed to being based on time. You study until you have a strong understanding of the work - since everyone has different abilities, the physical amount of time varies from student to student. What you need to do in year 11 is build a strong study routine based on your own learning style and skill level.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
There's no golden answer. Tread your own path to greatness.

Remember to study as much as you need and not to over do it. Time is nothing if it doesn't yield work and results. If it takes you 10 mins to memorise it do it. If it takes you a whole day, to write a Module C essay we;ll you'll have to spend a whole Sunday on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)