AN Idiot's GUIDE to WRITING faster (1 Viewer)

MushROOM HeaD

HSC
mmm. .. i find that the biggest trouble many candidates have is not finishing on time. it is either due to the time limit or being not able to answer the question. For me personally i find i cannot write as fast as others. And for this reason we should compile some ideas for writing faster.

So if you have any ideas please include them .. think outside of the box because i find that those ideas are the most effective lol

just from my opinion i find that
1. growing my nails provides me the speed i need .. as i recently just cut my nails
i am screwed :(
2. another thing to consider is getting a fountain or ink pen .. i find ink pens just
flow while you write.
3. don't keep your hands dry .. moisturise them .. hard for the guys to do maybe
yes .. but an effective method
and
4. practice .. practise.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Use a lighter pen so your writting can flow and you don't have to press as hard down.

case88

HSC
wow, that's pretty much opposite to me... my hands get sweaty when i'm trying to write fast during an exam, so moisturising them will probably make my fingers fall off (if that makes sense?). and also, i put so much pressure on my pen that if i'm using an ink/fountain pen, i'll break the nib/tip.
i do find however that sitting comfortably/leaning back helps me write properly... but i guess that's just a given.

g'luck everyone

xxxx8888

HSC
i always press really hard on the paper when i write. even when i'm not writing fast. if i don't press down hard i can't write quickly either.

oh, and i need to keep my nails short because otherwise it'll dig into my skin. and i have to keep them dry because sweaty hands slow me down.

bassqueen16

HSC
xxxx8888 said:
i always press really hard on the paper when i write. even when i'm not writing fast. if i don't press down hard i can't write quickly either.

oh, and i need to keep my nails short because otherwise it'll dig into my skin. and i have to keep them dry because sweaty hands slow me down.
much agreed... ive recently started using those ink pens tho (the um mitsubishi eye ones?) and I find i write ALOT faster, but that i also accidentally smudge it :( so its kind of a double edged sword, increased speed but decreased legibility :)

maskd

HSC
I find it's better to just get yourself into a comfortable position and just write at a nice, relaxing pace, there's no need to rush yourself - you're only giving yourself a bigger chance to mess up.

bassqueen16

HSC
^^^ then again, we have a limited time to write, and pretty uncomfortable position (room full of other people stressing, horrible school chairs and desks) so its worth it to take advantage of a quickened pace, because then you can actually finish the exam... (and trust me, alot of people prob wont because they dont think/write fast enough for the conditions)

Datto120

HSC
Try not to stress too much about the time but make sure you keep watching it. If you have heaps still to write at 15 - 10 minutes to go stop leave sum lines and summarise your points in dot forms. The examiners still mark the content in the dot points then go back and continue writing.

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
if i write fast i tend to end up running writing and my running writing is illegible for the last 2 years each and everyone of my teachers has complained about my writing and then a few days end of term someone told me about me being able to use a laptop for the exams as special provisions but it was too late to apply :(...

i've been practising printing my writing for the last for days of school so i can pick up speed while still being legible.., although i know I'll panic and start do running writing again losing 4-5 marks per paper (like i did in the trials...)

B35tY

HSC
Once i get into a groove, i'm all good. I can't write heaps (maybe 1100 in 40 mins), but i figure you just fight through the pain, shake it out after every page and you'll be fine.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
And keep your hand warm. :) I find it really hard to write fast if my hand's freezing :p

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
case88 said:
wow, that's pretty much opposite to me... my hands get sweaty when i'm trying to write fast during an exam, so moisturising them will probably make my fingers fall off (if that makes sense?). and also, i put so much pressure on my pen that if i'm using an ink/fountain pen, i'll break the nib/tip.
i do find however that sitting comfortably/leaning back helps me write properly... but i guess that's just a given.

g'luck everyone
yeah same my fingers tend to sweat during exams. eek, moisturising them won't help for me :(

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
wow can u do that?( take a labtop ) if only i was told earlier...
i have the smae problem to but its been with me since b4 ican remmeber (ie ages and ages) unfortunali im duing bio hsc this yr so i have time ti practice 4 essay riting 4 eng

gem010

HSC
If the pen you're writing with is thin where you hold it, your hand is far more likely to cramp, coz its holding something smaller. Get a fat pen! Less cramps = less breaks to wave your hand around, trying to get feeling back = writing more

Datto120

HSC
I asked a friend from school and it was actually just something my school had in place. As pens other then ball point can run and smudge easier.

Sleiphnir

HSC
N/A
simplistic said:
wow can u do that?( take a labtop ) if only i was told earlier...
i have the smae problem to but its been with me since b4 ican remmeber (ie ages and ages) unfortunali im duing bio hsc this yr so i have time ti practice 4 essay riting 4 eng
You can't take a laptop - but if you jump through their hoops and show your handwriting is bad/slow enough to need a laptop they will provide you with one (it's so much easier =D)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)