An Imaginary Life/Wordsworth (1 Viewer)

zahmad

HSC
Can anyone help with me with these texts, as I am doing Into the Wild for my HSC....does anyone have anyone notes they can share?....I have looked and looked for ages!....none to be found....

...All help appreciated :)!

HSC
There's some on the main BoS site (which doesn't seem to be loading atm, if it works for you just go to English resources Module A).

And if you have any specific questions I can try and help, I'm doing them as well and have noticed that it doesn't seem a popular choice (as evidenced by the proportion of resources in the link above).

zahmad

HSC
I have the following question for homework:

Malouf uses nightime at a key moment in An Imaginary Life when he comes into contect with Ovid on the second deer hunting expedition. Read the passage and comment on the way darkness is used as it is in "Strange fits of passion' to convey fear. What kind of 'death' does Ovid fear?

Any ideas on how I can approach this?

Last edited:
HSC
We're talking about the "I am a pool of water" scene right? Darkness is barely mentioned then, let alone to convey fear... the only "death" I can see would be losing himself in nature and his spirit not being able to come back to his body (like in another scene he says " am immediately struck with panic, as if, in losing hold of my seperate and individual soul ... I might find myself lost out there in the multiplicity of things, and never get back").

I don't see these kind of comprehension type questions very useful, in my class we're writing essays comparing Malouf and Wordsworth's ideas; in-depth detail is a waste of time for what will boil down to a broad 1000-word essay.

zahmad

HSC
Its the section where he starts to ponder about hid destiny.....starting with "Two events give shap to these white months....I am taken with the irony of it....."...Pg 55-57 in my book.....I feel this whole excercise forced onto by my teacher is totally useless....:(

HSC
Oh ok... yeah I still don't see anything significant to do with darkness or fear in that section.

zahmad

HSC
Ya, I don't know what I'm going to write....

zahmad

HSC
What's this Viva ????? I've been hearing about?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)