Anbody else in love with the personality they're studying? (1 Viewer)

Perhaps

HSC
N/A
I know this is a really odd thread but I was wondering if anybody else was really beginning to admire (or any other word that you might want to use) the personality and/or political ruler/person/whatever that they're studying.

I have to admit the more I read about Augustus the more in love with the man I am... even before he changed his name and was still so damned ruthless.

I know a lot of people disagree with me. :p I also know that anybody from my class who stumbles across this thread is *so* going to know who started it.

Just wondering is all. Anyone?

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
We're doing our personality last. Hate my modern one though, bloody feminist hippy slut boring person. Ok, done now.

Perhaps

HSC
N/A
I take it you're doing Kollontai? I've got an assesment on her tomorrow.

You're right.

:chainsaw: *rolls eyes*

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
haha we did Alexander and the guy is a champ....noone beats him!!

Alcoholic and crazy bastard who took the world :D

Perhaps

HSC
N/A
Heh. With his gay lover no less. Augustus must've looked up to him. ;) I mean, Julius Ceaser did.

Makes him so much more loveable, no? Alexander that is. What was the name of his lover again?

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Originally posted by Perhaps
I take it you're doing Kollontai? I've got an assesment on her tomorrow.

You're right.

:chainsaw: *rolls eyes*
Yes, her, the dirty ho. :p. Good luck.

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
We're doing Akhenaten.... you can't really admire him... or love him.... I think he was a right weirdo.

Last edited:

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
mainly n e 1 with a great driving ambition appeals to me as they are the driving forces behind people we may know or see today (not in the sense of killing or stuff) in the news or noe personally. the culture and the context of Julius Caesar and Napoleon are fascinating military and politically driven humans with a big ego!

tom_sampson

Originally posted by Maveryck
I'm doing Agrippina the Younger.

I hate her, the conniving little slutbag. :)
Yeh i'm inclined to agree,she seemed to suck a fair bit...Claudius, Gaius, Nero, and a cohort of others. To quote a text we were studying: "Not with a ten foot pole."

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Originally posted by Maveryck
I'm doing Agrippina the Younger.

I hate her, the conniving little slutbag. :)

Originally posted by tom_sampson
Yeh i'm inclined to agree,she seemed to suck a fair bit...Claudius, Gaius, Nero, and a cohort of others. To quote a text we were studying: "Not with a ten foot pole."

I'm doing Agrippina for my own research assignment, I'll consider this as research about modern interperatations of her.

Last edited:

babeishnes

We did good old Hatty, she worked her way up to Pharaoh, she is a great insperation to half of my class because we did an election between Hatshepsut and Thutmose III it was great fun. We love you Hatty

aprilrose

yeah? I love Agrippina. i mean yeah, i think she probably did kill some people, but i mean look at her life - family killed one by one, grows up in the household of the man who could've killed her dad, brother insane, possibly sharing her and her sisters among his friends, then exiles her.
Married a drooling, stuttering old man and things improve. her son becomes emperor and everything's great. she's worked all her life for this. then he tries to kill her. poison, then the boat. her friend who tries to save herself from drowning cries out that she's Agrippina and gets clubbed to death. Agrippina sees, quietly swims away. must know its the end. the soldiers come and batter her to death. dies pretty well.
Nero, on the other hand...what a little...can't swear. They're all so wonderfully insane or manipulative or plain evil. how can you not love em? even akhenaten is great. In an insane way.

hatty

Banned
Originally posted by babeishnes
We did good old Hatty, she worked her way up to Pharaoh, she is a great insperation to half of my class because we did an election between Hatshepsut and Thutmose III it was great fun. We love you Hatty
but im a guy, i never became pharoah
did i become and inspiration 2 ur class? good

i did julius caesar and i think he is a real asswipe

trekkie

HSC
We're doing Cleopatra VII at the moment (LOL, so many jokes could be made about Cleos promiscuity here and the whole 'doing' thing, but ill leave that), i wouldnt say that ive fallen in love with her but i have come to admire the women, i mean anyone who gets nearly 10 Roman provinces without unsheathing a sword gets my respect

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
this isnt related to AH, but Pythagoras (sp?) was one sexy beast in jnr school maths

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Xerxes was a bit loony. The whole punishing of a river thing. "You are a muddy and salty river, and our master will cross you whether you like it or not"

mejam

Originally posted by Lundy
Xerxes was a bit loony. The whole punishing of a river thing. "You are a muddy and salty river, and our master will cross you whether you like it or not"
yes.. lets whip the river lol teach it a lesson

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)