Ancient History 2004 (1 Viewer)

Sasky

HSC
Hi everyone,
How is everyone's holiday's going? I have yet to crack down on some serious study - especially Ancient. How about you? What topic is everyone commencing Term 1? How do you feel about Ancient? Personally I'm a little worried but I'm guessing that's the general feel around here. Feel free to share ur thoughts...
C u around !

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
I'm looking forward to Ancient this year. We do some fun topics which will be good and the class is only small so i'm excited.
We had essays over the holidays so thats what i've been doing, plus study notes for the first topic.

~bumchum~

~shake it baybee!~
HSC
wel..frankly im shittin myself for ancient...buh..hopefully it wont be THAT bad...sparta was my first topic...and egypt society in old kingdom..dynastiez 3-6 iz my next one...*WOOHOO*!..howz everyone else goin?

Sasky

HSC
egypt old kingdom 19th and 20th - we've already done. Earlier dyns coming up. U know, i really wanted to do Rome - did anyone do that? Is it really hard? My class is really small too, how many in ur classes u guys?

Serene

We started Greek world 500-440 last term and we still haven't finished!!!
Our next topics are New Kingdom Egypt to the death of Tut, Hatshepsut, and society in New kingdon Egypt during Ramesside Period.
Anybody else doing the same topics? or behind as well?

We have about 15 people in our class, but there's another ancient class doing all the Roman topics

Nice to meet everybody else who is panicking about this subject. At least my terror is shared with others :) and i couldn't ask for better company

Sasky

HSC
Yeah hey Serene... We'll be doing Hatsehpsut too (and Minoans later), we've got 11 people in ours. What day r u guys going back to school? I'm going back on Thursday - <teary eyed>...

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
We did option P 1st...that was rome 72Bc to 28BC (i think those r the dates.) Thats The Fall of the Roman Republic basically. It was good. Ancient is hard, but once u kno it its good. (Handy wen playin trivial pursuit-as is modern..."Kate is the Gun at history" they all said :p) Anyway i gots no idea what topic is next. Back to Greece...like 500BC-ish i think.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Im disappointed in myself because I haven't done any ancient revision these holidays. Shame! Shame! My english has completely taken over. And I'm worried when I go back I'll be so far behind.

I did a speech though for an assessment. I had to pretend I was an ancient Persian King Xerxes, and prove my sanity!

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Still doing Rome, always Rome.....
*Rome: Society from Augustus to Titus*

It's fine if you want endless content on society.
I've been bad, haven't done any study, and we didn't get any h/w either :S.

Sasky

HSC
By the way, did anyone attend/participate in a Greek Drama competition that they held last year?

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
hey guys i feel sorry for all the 04'ers... u guys still have months of ancient 2 go!!!! :p but my advice is DONT WORRY! seriously i did shit all for the whole of yr 12 in ancient and i got 94... it just takes some serious cramming before the exam! good luck every1 :)

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
We did Greek Drama (The Wasps) last year, got to the Macquarie final thingo, but couldn't go because Rock Eisteddfod was on the same day and most of the class had to do that :p

Serene

There's a Greek drama competition? i've never heard of it.
Can anybody give me some info if it's on again this year?

J

jhakka

I don't like Ancient too much. Somehow I manage to do really well.

I spose the "Learn two facts and apply it to everything" method works.

Enigmatic Eve

HSC
Hey everyone!!
Im doin 2 essays for my assessment
One is on Xerxes and how he was an effective military leader
The second is on Spartan society to the battle of Leuctra in 371BC
If anyone has any info, please email them to me!!
I really need the help, and do appreciate it
Thanks heaps
Take care!!

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
i'm kind of worried about ancient becuase i don't study things im not interested in - e.g. the minoans! - can anyone tell me something interesting about the minoans?
the other ones we're doing are old kingdom egypt, political revolution in rome and agrippina.

alika

subject

We finished doing Mycenaean society...n that was just lovely. Now we are onto the whole rome scene, Augustus to Titus
0-80AD. honestly, im liking the whole Rome thing. It's pretty interesting, but if i have to hear about one more building that Augustus built ot wateva i think i'll scream.

The Bograt

boredofuni
HSC
We have a 10 minute oral persentation on Greek naval power
We did Sparta, now we are doing Greek World 500-440, next we are doing Caesar
I think we have about 14 people in our class

Last edited:

chauie

HSC
N/A
sparta was my first topic...and egypt society in old kingdom.. we're doing hatshepsut and new kingdom egypt soon...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)