Ancient History case study (1 Viewer)

W.L

HSC
Hey just wondering if anyone else is doing Deir El Medina & if so what do you guys think about .. if not then whats your school doing? just being nosey =P i find Deir el medina a bit boring at times, & then sometimes its interesting.

over9k

HSC
fuck i hate this subject more than anything.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Um, I don't know. :eek: We just finished Troy, and we're doing the Celts now. Don't know which one is considered the case study, though.

topdeck

HSC
We just started Troy, but we've already done the Iceman, the Greenland Vikings, the Anasazi Indians, the Tomb of Phillip II and some random case study on underwater archaeology. I find it really dull...

booties4

HSC
We did our case studies individualy, i did the colosseum and the fall of Rome, we had to present to the class! I know one girl did Dier El Medina, i thought it was quite interesting.. its that group that built the pyramids, isnt it?

Jachie

HSC
topdeck said:
We just started Troy, but we've already done the Iceman, the Greenland Vikings, the Anasazi Indians, the Tomb of Phillip II and some random case study on underwater archaeology. I find it really dull...
I find Ancient dull in general. :/ Pity, it has the potential to be so interesting too.

booties4

HSC
Jachie said:
I find Ancient dull in general. :/ Pity, it has the potential to be so interesting too.
I tend to be the opposite, i find Ancient SO interesting..My teacher is the best, so i guess that helps.

Jachie

HSC
booties4 said:
I tend to be the opposite, i find Ancient SO interesting..My teacher is the best, so i guess that helps.
Lucky. :( I had a really good teacher, and then she left us. lol. Our new one is alright, but doesn't make me as passionate and interested in the subejct as my old one did. Which sucks, because like I said, you can tell it COULD be an interesting subject, but it just isn't to me.

WOE.

Cheap Thrills

HSC
My teacher keeps telling us yr 11 ancient sucks, and that next year we'll really like it...
anyway, we've done archaeology of course, boudicca (celtic queen), roman republic and we're starting alexandria in a couple of weeks

benjcant

HSC
I am currently studying Pompeii and herculaneum, which at times is good if you have a half decent teacher

slowjam10

HSC
Hey, I'm doing Deir el Medina and i think it is great. Ancient History is one of my favourite subjects as we have the best possible teacher you could ask for. She is so entertaining and makes everything so interesting that somehow it gets drilled into your brain without even realising it. Then when it comes to the exam you can remeber eveything clear as the day she said it.

It's amazing that if a teacher is truly passionate about a subject how much effect it can have on the individual students learning.

:)

Jachie

HSC
Kujah said:
Didn't like archaeology?
lol. Who did? Though I do think the course picked up once that topic was over.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Some people want to become archaeologists you know =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)