Ancient History Predictions! (1 Viewer)

rebeccatommo

HSC
Anyone want to have a go at predicting what might be in the exam?

P.S is anyone else doing the Pelop war? For the Greek Worlds?

smiggles

HSC
I'm predicting there will be a section on Pompeii and Herculaneum.
That's about as accurate as anything i say will be.

Though on that note i'm hoping for the 10 marker for pompeii to be on ethics - it's such an easy topic, hasn't been asked in ages, so it'll stump so many people because of it

rebeccatommo

HSC
Ive noticed a pattern, The last question in that section is always something from the last bit of the syllabus.
Im trying to think what they can ask for Sparta, that hasn't really been asked... :\

I'll be praying for an ethics question for P+H!
Rumour: I heard they made the PH section harder than it was in the trials.

asora1212

HSC
i think for P+H the 10 mark question would be about ethical issues because its not been asked for ages.

SuperMike96

HSC
My psychic (Raven) told me that the entirety of P+H would be on the eruption.

...that is so Raven!

racecarboob

HSC
FALL OF THE REPUBLIC
b)assess the political and military significane of the second triumvirate

rebeccatommo

HSC
Any Alexander and Pelop War predictions. Completely screwed for them sections if anyone is doing them :)

smiggles

HSC
Seriously don't believe the rumours that people make.
They are not going to be true, unless it is by sheer luck.
If anything related to the question slipped out before the HSC date, there would be a massive scandal exposed about it in the Media, and BOS would start firing their staff.

They can't tell you what is in the question.

However that is not a trend for the last question to be on the last section of the syllabus - that is a definite. Every single teacher who teaching year 12 at my school is a HSC marker, and they have told us that it is always the case for Pompeii.

However as for the personalities and time, they keep stressing to us that question b does not have to be taken from the last section of the syllabus, it just tends to be because for 15 marks, they want more of a personalised opinion to show within your answer.

For Sparta, anything can be asked for the 15 marker. If it is something obscure, don't worry, because my teachers tell me they mark it less harshly in the marking centres, and they scale it up to allign with all the other ancient topics.

Just make sure you know you content really well, and just know a brief idea of what the historians of that topic focussed on in their writing.
That way, you can state historians said things about things, and markers will believe you if you correctly allign a historian to an idea that is of their view or way of thinking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)