ancient history/rbhs (1 Viewer)

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
i drove past i think it was randwick boys high - correct me if im wrong - and they are having an ancient history excursion to greece and egypt!

is anyone here going?

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
serious? omg how mad would that be!!!!!!!! they would have like a huge advantage for da hsc! hehe iwill suggest that for our ancient class. i thought it was good that we got to go and see troy

J

jhakka

I don't see how it would put you at an advantage. I don't think historians carved what they thought of monuments onto them. No help for quotes whatsoever. You'll still need books, etc.

And when it comes down to it, sand is still sand whether you're there or not.

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
..pfft took all the fun outta that didnt you..

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Originally posted by porge
i drove past i think it was randwick boys high - correct me if im wrong - and they are having an ancient history excursion to greece and egypt!

is anyone here going?
Man I wish we could that. Are they a public school? If so, how did they find the money to do it?

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
it would help, as actually going to the place would make you able to visiulise stuff, and you could see like hatshepsut temple etc

Darkicetiger

Originally posted by porge
OK, I'm from RBHS and this year we're not going to Greece and Egypt since Greece is hosting the olympic games this year, the price of the trip went to high for enough people to go(which makes the trip cheaper). But next year mostly likely the trip will be on.

Originally posted by Enlightened_One
Man I wish we could that. Are they a public school? If so, how did they find the money to do it?
Ummm this is pretty dumb question. What since we go to a public school our parents have no $$

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I went to RBHS last year. I wouldn't have been surprised if it was organised. Because of the teachers would definitely agree on going. Best teacher ever :D

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Cool as. Our school (Albury High) organises an annual Modern History Excursion for 2 weeks to Vietnam for Year 11. I went and it was one of the most amazing experiences in my life so far. The modern teachers are so dedicated...ffffing awesome ppl.

It cost me $2400 (not including spending money which was about US$440). But it all depends upon the strength of the Aussie Dollar.

I hope those guys have fun.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It doesnt exactly give you an advantage as such unless you had a tad longer to spend there, its more an experience thing. AncHis is as much based upon notes and written sources as it is on archaeology these days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)