Ancient History Study Days for 2006??? (1 Viewer)

NellyBelly89

HSC
Hey there, I have a first year out History teacher this year so im desperate to find out about any ancient history lectures. I dont mind where they are. Im all for any that people know about. If you can just post some info about them as you find them out that would be fabulous
Thanks a bunch
:wave:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I'll try my best to keep the place updated with dates. :)

X

xeuyrawp

NellyBelly89 said:
Hey there, I have a first year out History teacher this year so im desperate to find out about any ancient history lectures. I dont mind where they are. Im all for any that people know about. If you can just post some info about them as you find them out that would be fabulous
Thanks a bunch
:wave:
Nelly -

I hope all goes well for you with your first year! Good on you for going the extra mile to find out about lectures.

May I suggest a look at the Macquarie Ancient History Association, which hosts most of the Macquarie lectures. USyd also hold study days and such, but I can't find any real info of them (any help?).

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
I'm pretty sure that every ancient history teacher is part of a ancient history teachers asoc so they should get some hsc study day brocures in the mail. Thats how my teacher got the info about the study days at usyd and the engineers auditorium.

So I rekon u should speak to ur head teacher and ask about the study days, I'm sure he/she will have some info for u there.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, there are some pretty dodgy teachers out there :(

X

xeuyrawp

taco man said:
So I rekon u should speak to ur head teacher and ask about the study days, I'm sure he/she will have some info for u there.
Maybe she is the head teacher?

Don't assume nelly doesn't work for a small or underfunded school.

Also, she might just want to go for personal reasons, she may not get told about them, maybe the head teacher is crap, etc etc.

taco man said:
I'm pretty sure that every ancient history teacher is part of a ancient history teachers asoc
Can you point me towards this association? :)

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Maybe she is the head teacher?

Don't assume nelly doesn't work for a small or underfunded school.

Also, she might just want to go for personal reasons, she may not get told about them, maybe the head teacher is crap, etc etc.
NellyBelly89 said:
Hey there, I have a first year out History teacher
I think not, if u read it properly Nelly doesnt work there, shes a student . Plus wat i meant was that ancient history teachers get the brochures in the mail with their history asociation newletter so the only way her teacher wouldnt kno is if he/she doesn't check the mail.

PwarYuex said:
Can you point me towards this association? :)
yep sure http://www.htansw.asn.au/ :)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Not all History teachers are members of the HTA.

At my school 2 teachers are but we have 7 teachers who teach history - although the other 5 aren't predominately history teachers being either English/History or HSIE trained.

The brochures you mention, however, are sent to every school regardless of whether there are individual or institutional members at the school.

For HTA conferences - one was last Friday on the Extension Course - while there is one in August on 'niche' topics - there are different charge rates depending on the membership of the person. Individual or institutional members pay less for the days than those people who are not members.

The study days are open to students regardless of the membership status of their teacher or school.

The ones at Milsons Point are well worth attending as the people are very knowledgeable.

I have never taken students to the ones run by the HTA personally but I have made the students aware of them. The kids that have gone have spoken highly about them.

horses r cool

HSC
hi there are days on the 15th 16th and 17th of june i think im going it's at the sydney uni our teacher is taking yr 11 and 12 modern, ancient and extention history. hope this helps

sanjay_88

HSC
Im going to one at Macquarie Uni on the 10th of June There's also one the following weekend at Sydney Uni. My teacher speaks at most of these things, so ill keep ya posted

jackocfc

bondi junction, www.myspace.com/jackocarr
HSC
i went to an macquarie university study day the other week, and it was the most boring thing iv been to.. the teachers were not inspiring and there wasnt a real break between the 1 hr lectures
the notes that they gave me were good however

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)