Ancient Or IPT? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I not sure which subject i should drop Ancient history or IPT can people give me an idea on which on scales better and which one is more enjoyable!

undalay

HSC
Ancient scales better then IPT i believe, however you would need to do decent for it to help you.

Are you currently doing 14 units ?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
judging by his sig, i think hes doing 13 units...
i think the SOR is 1 unit

Peteage

HSC
Well if you are doing SOR 2 unit like me and then you are in the exact same boat I was in about a week ago. After little contemplation I droped IPT, I was doubtful for a little while but now I am pritty sure I made the right choice.

mudcake42

HSC
It depends whether you like computers or you like writing and researching. i love computers...hence I'm doing IPT. I suck at writing so obviously i would naturally pick IPT. just go with what ur strenghs are!

aim54x

XccenTRiX
lost in the mists of time, shrouded by thought
HSC
IPT was crap for scaling back when i did my HSC, I am pretty sure Ancient scales a lot better, but if want the marks go with whatever u are better in, dotnt worry about the scaling too much,

I did well enough in IPT for it to nullify my scaled 3/4U math marks

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
WHO CARES about scaling!
You will do well in something you enjoy but how are you going in both of them?
Personally, out of the 2 courses I would drop ipt i might be a bit biased but i reckon Ancient is going to be heaps interesting in Yr 12 and it will help you with your other subjects like for example English, it would help you with essay writing and etc..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)