Ancient vs Physics (1 Viewer)

srsly_br0

HSC
N/A
Hello I'm in a bit of a dilemma at the moment and need help deciding my subjects for Year 12.

Despite wanting to keep my original 12 units from Year 11, my Year advisor has advised that I drop one subject due to the heavy nature of my other subjects. That left me with needing to drop either Ancient or Physics.

Ancient:
Doing quite well, but not topping the grade. Despite doing well in Ancient, our school is not exactly known for doing well in the histories so I'm worried I might actually get a HSC mark lower than expected. I find Ancient tedious and boring and find myself wanting to fall asleep.

Physics:
My rank for physics isn't great at around 60/100 people. Despite my poor ranking our school is known for their extremely high physics marks in the HSC, and I know I can do better in Year 12. Our teacher has said that as long as you are not in the bottom 15-ish, you will get a Band 5 or above. I enjoy Physics.

Any advice would be great

Lina3

HSC
I was in pretty much the same position. Dropped physics without a second thought and never regretted it for a moment. I think it comes down to what you feel you would do better in. The HSC is, after all, pretty much all about those high ranks. Just have a look at your Ancient cohort, if its anything like mine (in the trials there were a few 12/100's, no joke) then you are better off dropping it, unless you think you push yourself and get one of the top places. Your physics cohort is obviously very strong so therefore, I would think it would be a safer option.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)