Angelas Ashes (1 Viewer)

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Has anyone read this?? I think its absolutely amazing, Frank McCourts description is so evocate and his life itself it just amazing. Its deffinetly one of my favourite books.

What does every1 else think?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I read it in year 10, thought it was great, saw the movie thought it was great too.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Yeh i deffinetly agree the second one just wasn't as good.

I didn't like the movie though for some reason it was almost too real, like reading about it was one thing but then seeing it was another.

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
very moving, on the verge of tears... and beautiful in the sense that the innocence remained in times of hardship - mcourt's capture on the perspective of a child is so refreshingly sincere :) sigh. i have two copies of the book!

astro

HSC
the book was pretty good - sad, and funny at times.... the movie was excellent

obzedyon

HSC
Like Veanz, I loved the innocence and simplicity of the novel. The childish language used to describe the more intense/emotionally draining parts of his life makes it a really enjoyable read. I know I probably sound like a book critic, but in short, I really loved it.

'Tis was ... repetitive, somewhat. And was I the only one depressed because Frankie had this miserable life as an English teacher with no one respecting him and malachy and Micheal became rich? It made me angry for weeks.

The film - I love Devon Murray :) He's so cute in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)