Angular Velocity Qs (1 Viewer)

espiritulol

HSC
Hey guys just doing some past paper questions and just came across these questions that I'm finding difficult to do.

I know this has taken out of the syllabus already, but I'm still curious on how to do them.

So I was wondering if anyone wanted the challenge of working these out for me! If you could also tell me how did it that'd be great :)

1. In a track and field competition a hammer of 4kg is accelerated from rest at 12.6rad/s/s over 2.78 seconds. If the radius of rotation is 1.3m calculate the final angular velocity of the hammer at the instant prior to release.

2. A second athlete in a track and field competition accelerates a hammer of 4kg from rest at 23rad/s/s over 2.4 seconds. If the radius of rotation is 1.71m calculate the tangential component of acceleration if the linear velocity of the hammer at release is 25m/s

Rathaen

HSC
Basic method of doing that sort of question is to figure out velocity in rad/s using the given stuff (any of the usual kinematics equations). Then multiply by the radius (if I remember right) in order to convert to m/s. That'll be your angular velocity.

espiritulol

HSC
Basic method of doing that sort of question is to figure out velocity in rad/s using the given stuff (any of the usual kinematics equations). Then multiply by the radius (if I remember right) in order to convert to m/s. That'll be your angular velocity.
Would you mind solving it for me? Just so I know mines corrent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)