Anomalies, Paradoxes and Inconsistencies in the Human Experience (1 Viewer)

cherubjin

HSC
i know that since this is a common. module that everyone is doing this but im kinda struggling with the question and im so introverted i cannot ask the teacher for help so i hope you guys can :)

Assess the capacity for texts to explore the paradoxes, anomalies and inconsistencies in the human experience as depicted in The Crucible and one related text of your own choice.

this is the question and i dont understand the underlined part. what does it mean to assess the capacity? my chosen text is The Dressmaker (2015 movie) and I'm a little confused as to how to approach the question.

this is due next week on the 25th of Nov btw ;-;

idkkdi

HSC
i know that since this is a common. module that everyone is doing this but im kinda struggling with the question and im so introverted i cannot ask the teacher for help so i hope you guys can :)

Assess the capacity for texts to explore the paradoxes, anomalies and inconsistencies in the human experience as depicted in The Crucible and one related text of your own choice.

this is the question and i dont understand the underlined part. what does it mean to assess the capacity? my chosen text is The Dressmaker (2015 movie) and I'm a little confused as to how to approach the question.

this is due next week on the 25th of Nov btw ;-;
assess the capacity is just some bs term that teachers add in to make the question seem more complex than it is.
Assess the capacity just means how well can texts explore ...
e.g. texts have an inherent capacity to intricately explore ...
blah blah blah crucible this, dressmaker that, adds meaning and a new layer of depth
boom, you see how much these texts explore these paradoxes/anomalies/inconsistencies?
Ye that's right. Big capacity.

idkkdi

HSC
assess the capacity is just some bs term that teachers add in to make the question seem more complex than it is.
Assess the capacity just means how well can texts explore ...
e.g. texts have an inherent capacity to intricately explore ...
blah blah blah crucible this, dressmaker that, adds meaning and a new layer of depth
boom, you see how much these texts explore these paradoxes/anomalies/inconsistencies?
Ye that's right. Big capacity.
edit:

the above example provided isn't really ideal.
I'm pretty sure assess means to make a judgement on something, so in this case you should make a judgement on the capacity, e.g. "immense capacity", "moderate capacity", "substantial capacity".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)