another 'can I achieve 80' thread (1 Viewer)

Weinerdogg

HSC
Ok so per the title, I'm looking at a course that requires 80, science double degreee program this one or pg 246 of the '09 VTAC guide. Also, the school I am at (AHS) qualifies for two SEAS categories at Latrobe: under-represented schools and the rural/isolated one despite being ranked 136 which is decent I guess?

So it's after trials, and my ranks are pretty poor. I didn't really make as much effort as I should have, but it's done now. My question is, what sort of marks will I need in my HSC to make 80, and how much will SEAS help (if at all, since the course says it 'requires 80')?

2U Maths: ~15/60 (don't know this one exactly, but my best subject. Could even be top 10)
English Adv. 43/60
Biology: Haven't got ranks yet, but poor. probably bottom 20 of about 50 or so
Modern History: 27/45
Software: top 5/12, haven't got trials back for this.

I'll be getting the rest of my ranks and stuff by tuesday at the latest, so I can update if you need a more exact picture. Huge thanks

-tal-

HSC
Hmm, since no marks are posted, I can't really say too much, since I don't know how bad is bad. (eg @ James Ruse coming 100/150 means you probably scored 90% in maths)

You might get an 80. It's not impossible. But I'd say from ranking alone & school, I'd say you'd get probably 75.

mugzy07

HSC
hey bro im in a similar boat, some of my ranks are killa and some arent so good, but if you kill the final exams, 80 no problem.

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
Weinerdogg said:
Ok so per the title, I'm looking at a course that requires 80, science double degreee program this one or pg 246 of the '09 VTAC guide. Also, the school I am at (AHS) qualifies for two SEAS categories at Latrobe: under-represented schools and the rural/isolated one despite being ranked 136 which is decent I guess?

So it's after trials, and my ranks are pretty poor. I didn't really make as much effort as I should have, but it's done now. My question is, what sort of marks will I need in my HSC to make 80, and how much will SEAS help (if at all, since the course says it 'requires 80')?

2U Maths: ~15/60 (don't know this one exactly, but my best subject. Could even be top 10)
English Adv. 43/60
Biology: Haven't got ranks yet, but poor. probably bottom 20 of about 50 or so
Modern History: 27/45
Software: top 5/12, haven't got trials back for this.

I'll be getting the rest of my ranks and stuff by tuesday at the latest, so I can update if you need a more exact picture. Huge thanks
Usually, everyone on this site underestimates your UAI, however...

Likely, 70-77 max? Maybe 80s if your externals were truly something, but not high 80s. Perhaps your school may pull it to around 80 / 81.

If only English and Biology were better, your chance would be much greater, good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)