• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

another question... CSP fee?! (1 Viewer)

candygore

HSC
I am perm.resident but not humanitarian visa. So, they are saying that I can't get this CSP offer thing, so I have to pay the fees. I found that there used to be DFEE fee but apperently they don't offer that anymore. So, I got an offer to CSP interior design and I had to complete this form thing through the net. But as I said before, I can't get that CSP thing or HECS-HELP thing. So what do I do now? I sumitted the form anyway just encase.. I am going to pay the fee first and I am going to apply for citizenship on March to get this HECS. I am really confused here. In my information it said I applied for CSP course, I am perm.resident but it's not humaniterian visa.... can someone just please help me..

maiko

the maikoman
HSC
I am perm.resident but not humanitarian visa. So, they are saying that I can't get this CSP offer thing, so I have to pay the fees. I found that there used to be DFEE fee but apperently they don't offer that anymore. So, I got an offer to CSP interior design and I had to complete this form thing through the net. But as I said before, I can't get that CSP thing or HECS-HELP thing. So what do I do now? I sumitted the form anyway just encase.. I am going to pay the fee first and I am going to apply for citizenship on March to get this HECS. I am really confused here. In my information it said I applied for CSP course, I am perm.resident but it's not humaniterian visa.... can someone just please help me..

Yeah, hey, relax. I'm in the exact same position as you are, candygore. I'm a permanent resident, but not humanitarian. I called up UAC and they said the course we're applying for is still CSP (Commonwealth Supported Place) BUT we're not eligible for HECS-HELP. Which means:

a.) you can't loan from the government so you have to pay all your student contribution for all your units upfront (on or before ur course starts because not doing so would result in cancellation)

b.) we don't avail of the HECS-HELP upfront payments which are 80% of the subject fee.. so say I'm availing of hecs-help, and i want to pay upfront for my subject: Perspectives on Law (which is $1,446.17).. hecs subsidises the 20%, so u pay only $1,156.90..

Well in my case im only paying upfront for the first sem of the first year, cuz i'm lodging my citizenship application 2night.. and hopefully i'll be able to avail of hecs come 2nd sem.

Yeah, that's how i understand it anyway.. that basically we don't get to loan.. sucks, but well...that's how the system works.

Last edited:

candygore

HSC
have to pay all you student contribution for all you units upfront
So how do I do this? You know that CAF thing that we have to do online? It said the same thing as you said but I was confused if I had to write the TFN or not.. I didn't at the end and just sumitted the form.. I was really confused because I clicked 'no' for not having humanitarian visa, so I went down to question 9 and there was nothing else to write or click.. And I was like, so what the hell am I suppose to do to pay this fee?

maiko

the maikoman
HSC
So how do I do this? You know that CAF thing that we have to do online? It said the same thing as you said but I was confused if I had to write the TFN or not.. I didn't at the end and just sumitted the form.. I was really confused because I clicked 'no' for not having humanitarian visa, so I went down to question 9 and there was nothing else to write or click.. And I was like, so what the hell am I suppose to do to pay this fee?
Yeah i haven't filled the form out yet, but see question 8 says "COMPLETE ONLY IF YOU ARE AN AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN OR THE HOLDER OF A PERMANENT HUMANITARIAN VISA" and since we are neither, i don't think we have to write our TFN...so im guessing what u did was right.. Besides, they're asking for the TFN for the HECS-HELP.. and we're not eligible for it. And i think number 9 is just the terms of the declaration, which u agree to in number 10. yeah?:confused:

candygore

HSC
Yeah i haven't filled the form out yet, but see question 8 says "COMPLETE ONLY IF YOU ARE AN AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN OR THE HOLDER OF A PERMANENT HUMANITARIAN VISA" and since we are neither, i don't think we have to write our TFN...so im guessing what u did was right.. Besides, they're asking for the TFN for the HECS-HELP.. and we're not eligible for it. And i think number 9 is just the terms of the declaration, which u agree to in number 10. yeah?:confused:
Yeah exactly..but still I was confused x( And yes, for no.10 I agreed. So..what do I do now??

maiko

the maikoman
HSC
Yeah exactly..but still I was confused x( And yes, for no.10 I agreed. So..what do I do now??
Ok i just sent my eCAF form. umm, i dont think there's much we can do now.. i think we just might have to wait for whatever day we've elected to enrol in our course to figure everything out.. cuz i click on "My Subject Activities" and "Enrolment" and it says:

Sorry, but you do not have any course(s) that you can make enrolments for.

soo, yeah..

candygore

HSC
Sorry, but you do not have any course(s) that you can make enrolments for.

soo, yeah..
Yeah, that's what it says on my thingy too.. I might ask someone when I go to Enrolment day. Anyway, thanks for everything. Good luck :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)