another stupid question (1 Viewer)

^___^
HSC
Your company has acquired a number of second hand computers with no accompanying documentations or software. You have been asked to format the HDD of each machine and then install a new OS

describe the problems that may be encountered if you progress as asked

:S

i dunno...

Winston

HSC
well first of all they may be stolen, faulty hardware, some of them probably dont work, u have no idea about the specs wat OS to pick to install...

Glide

Got that in my trial...

The biggest problem would be drivers.
Finding drivers that work with the (unknown) devices in the computer.

Hmm another problem could be licences.. do you have licences to install windows on it?

All I can think of at the moment

^___^
HSC
oh icic...

so its about licence..and the technical part of installation..

and what does formatting a HDD do..

here is my answer:
formatting creates a pattern of tracks running around the disk and sectors. This creates thousands of locations in which data can be stored.

puffkenny

HSC
minimum requirements of the new system: do they have the ability to store and run the specified OS
consistency: all OS should be the same in all systems in a organisation, while some systems may not be able to run the OS
some computers may not have a HDD????
you dunno wats included in the system and if the components are working. needs 2 open the computer up 2 check and detect errors....time consuming
blah blah blah

Glide

Formatting erases data
Partitioning creates tracks blah blah

Winston

HSC
Formating is a over used term i reackon it depends the type of format you do for example a quick format really doesnt erase jack all off a disk they just render the sectors to be writable. But true blue formating is when each sector is written over with empty data and cleaning the clusters out.

Glide

Yeah.. unconditional format

Like the markers would know anyway :p

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Glide
Yeah.. unconditional format

Like the markers would know anyway :p
If your suppose to teach the course u should know rather deluding new students and setting their brains in tact to fink a quick format really does erase everything.

Amish

HSC
N/A
would be problems with different specs of each computer. Probably Require windows being a company, and would seem to require 2000 or some form of NT, also one computer may have network card others may not...stolen hardware as said...warrenties and shit....so much crap you could ramble on about

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)