Answering physics questions.. (1 Viewer)

FinalFantasy

HSC
Who finds the concepts in physics easy to understand... but.. when it comes to writing responses in exams, it's hard to put ur understanding in english, like write what they expect u to write to get full marks....
Any way to overcome this?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
do past papers, give to your physics teacher to mark and give you hints on how you should be answering the question, then re-do the question.

make sure you understand what the verb is asking you to do.

nomz

if you can get a copy of the standards disk... i don't think they did one the last couple of years, but the 2002 one is still relevant... it would help cuz it has a whole heap of example responses from HSC exams and it shows what you needed to write to get band 6 etc responses and full marks/ no marks. They helped me a bit especially with writing a summary. Also on the Board of Studies Website it has markers guidelines that break down whats expected and how marks are awarded.
Just practice heaps of questions and see how you go- also they like diagrams!

^___^
HSC
keep it simple

physics is not like the english exams
you are allow to write dot points, thats a pretty good method to explain complicated theory, but make sure that all the dot points are done in correct manner.

and as stated
diagrams

apen

HSC
where do u get this standards disk and what is it?

nomz

I'll see if i can copy the files off the disk and link them somehow for ya ... its a disk the board of studies used to put out after the HSC each year with all the questions with all level responses ie band 1 to band 6... the band 1's are fairly funny.... but its scary how detailed the band 6's are...

nomz

they're actually already in the resource section of this page.... they are the sample/ exemplar exam responses

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
go thru the success one text. it has hsc question and hsc style answers.

clonestar

Physicist/*******
HSC
N/A
As a teacher when I go through questions I tend to scan through them.

I have become a robot where I can overview the question and then things stand out like data numbers formulas etc

Its hard to explain but things just stand out.

I then put data down, will draw a diagram to conceptualize it all, and then my brain/calculator will be smoking it with calculations or an explanation.

Of course this comes after doing heaps and heaps of questions. Nearly 15 years of doing this.

Hope this helps

CLONESTAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)