Answers for Physics Contexts 2 (1 Viewer)

tempco

HSC
Is there a website where I can download the answers for Longman's Physics Context 2? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Rahul

Dead Member
the answers come on a teacher's resources cd. ask your teacher for them? from what i know, they arent provided over the net.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Yeh, they won't be on the net due to copywrite laws as stated in another thread.

coroneos

Didn't Pearson Education talk to the administrator's of this site about copyright?

But Physics Contexts 2 sucks lol. It is so boring to read. Only 2 colours are used :(

The content is a little confusing and there is too much waffling since it is the 2001 edition.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
physics contexts 2 is the best and i like waffles :p
It has good practice questions unlike the Jacaranda...

But the content is so shit. The Jacaranda rips it in that department.

NekkidSerpent, if you really want the answers... *looks around... wispers* contact Ladymoon :)

Rahul

Dead Member
IMO, it would be much better if you invest that time in note making. then doing past hsc questions, from like success one. then doing questions from the texts....
my opinion anyway...

tempco

HSC
Yeh I'm in the process of doing notes, but I need to check my HW answers if they're right, so yeh.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
jus make sure you are ahead. use these holidays well :D
Something which I did not do, and paid for dearly :p

Note making at this time is a really good idea... You'll be greatful later on :)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
IMO, it would be much better if you invest that time in note making. then doing past hsc questions, from like success one. then doing questions from the texts....
my opinion anyway...
yeah, u gotta know that the new hsc is more abt. writing essays, and regurgitating notes than doing "mathematical" problems.

yeah, do not procrastinate with the notes, thats what i did, and yeah, i didn't get mine finished bfore the hsc. :mad1:

and in my holidays, i started space from scratch- thats how much i bluged in term 4. :D

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah, u gotta know that the new hsc is more abt. writing essays, and regurgitating notes than doing "mathematical" problems.
but some questions do rely on understanding of the topics aswell, a deep understanding.
basically, do as much work as possible for it, as is the case with other subjects.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
but some questions do rely on understanding of the topics aswell, a deep understanding.
basically, do as much work as possible for it, as is the case with other subjects.
yeah, of course undertanding is a part of it, but at the end of the it is how well u can "assess, evaluate, etc. " that gives u the marks. :D

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah, of course undertanding is a part of it, but at the end of the it is how well u can "assess, evaluate, etc. " that gives u the marks. :D
yea it all comes down to how much you can write in the given time... like aiming for 24 pages (3 BOS booklets) for the options and writing extremely small and hugging the edges of the page for more room in the core section so you can fit 500+ words of succinct information for a 6-8marker. :p

LadyMoon

HSC
BTW:
Personally i dont think Jakaranda is all that great...its got a lot of info on Q2Q but thats abt it. if you check the last few years' HSC and trials papers you'll notice that most questions are from Physics Contexts. eg: the wire loop and current, in this years' multiple choice....
In fact some of the trials questions from other schools have questions that are either copied from Contexts or need to refer to contexts for full marks.
All the answers are succinct, and precise to the point., in addition to that Contexts has the BEST topic summary!!

So my advise for year 11 is to read as many Physics books as you can, Excel, Jakaranda, Contexts...internet (CSU), just read, you dont have to make notes on everything, just read em, again and again till your brain retains all the important stuff, that way your scope of understanding as well as the level of sophistication of your answers are greater, thus more chance of getting FULL marks!

Oh and remember if you are doing Quanta to Quarks, the last dot point pretty much asks you to know the entire last chapter of Jakaranda, so DONT get caught out!

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by LadyMoon
Oh and remember if you are doing Quanta to Quarks, the last dot point pretty much asks you to know the entire last chapter of Jakaranda, so DONT get caught out!
its actually half of the last chapter as the other half covers the second last dot point that pertains to the accelerator thingy. but i guess its pretty amusing when you got 20 pages of information concerning only 2 syllabus dot points. :)

Originally posted by LadyMoon
So my advise for year 11 is to read as many Physics books as you can, Excel, Jakaranda, Contexts...internet (CSU), just read, you dont have to make notes on everything, just read em, again and again till your brain retains all the important stuff, that way your scope of understanding as well as the level of sophistication of your answers are greater, thus more chance of getting FULL marks!
the problem here is not knowing what is important and what isn't. the hsc marking guidelines are unpredictable on most occasions and the hsc markers' ideology on the importance of different facts even more so. a subtle difference in definition/wording when there is no preeminent way of putting it can unjustly lose you a mark. your best bet to maximise your marks, for this pseudo science, is to inscribe every possible fact (or lies) on a extremely confined space pertaining to the question being asked. and if you have the time and room, write some random unrelated crap in case of a farked up marking guideline.

let these thoughts preoccupy you... :rolleyes:

hey NekkidSerpent you accelerated in bio right? you must have good notes on it... can i have your bio notes? :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)