Answers - Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Delta32
Hmm, the overall area of M being which? the smaller circles where it is actually pointing?
OMG. Are you serious people??! the point is pointing to the overall area. The diameter of ONE xylem is in fact smaller than the diameter of the phloem. But remember! There are MANY xylem and phloem in the vascular bundle illustrated in the diagram. And there should be more xylem (M) because they have to carry water and salts up to the plant.

tempco

HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
The diameter of ONE xylem is in fact smaller then the diameter of the phloem.
Is this a fact? or speaking from the image? Cause generally speaking, xylem cells are larger than phloem cells.

Or are you refering to one cell in particular?

Last edited:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by PappaSmurf
Survivor wins.
nah. No one wins here. This is just a discussion on whether who got the right answer. so....which side are you on? I mean......what did you pick!?

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Originally posted by Delta32

Also, why they'd be bold would be for the lignin as NekkidSerpent pointed out. Just some thoughts.
I would think that without bolding it, it would make it harder to distinguish between M and W...

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by NekkidSerpent
Is this a fact? or speaking from the image?
Look at the picture from the Macqauri guide if you have a copy. The overall area of all the xylem together is in fact, larger than the total area of the phloem.

tempco

HSC
I'm not talking about the area, but the actual diameter of each cell.. wasn't that what you were referring to?

Meh.. talking about tricky questions, I got the albino q wrong.. assumed it was talking about sex linkage >_<

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by honky tonk
I would think that without bolding it, it would make it harder to distinguish between M and W...
Correct. The bolding is only there to indicate that they ARE different tissues.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I'm not talking about the area, but the actual diameter of each cell.. wasn't that what you were referring to?

Meh.. talking about tricky questions, I got the albino q wrong.. assumed it was talking about sex linkage >_<
In reality, I don't know. During the course, we didn't get a chance to examine the phloem. We only did the eosin in xylem. So we cannot really compare the diameter of the two different vessels. However, by looking at the overall area, the xylem and the phloem will become evident.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC

hmm...now why don't we have a discussion about that one NekkidSerpent! Coz I picked A - homozyous, and not D - sex link! lol

tempco

HSC
It's A.. I just breezed through the multiple choice (finished it in reading time.. not very smart :/).. should have realised it was pointing towards the fact that the condition was recessive... I just saw 5 squares and 2 circles... *BANG* sex linkage. Bad move.

Bannanafish

HSC
have a look at the sites if you don't believe me
btw the larger cells around the small cells at M, are neither xylem or phloem

therefore by total area, W is bigger

tempco

HSC
Yeh it looks like it... well, we'll know the answer when the official answers are released! No use bickering about it.

BTW, I've finished!! WOOHOO!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)