Answers - Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Originally posted by keepin_sanity
What did everyone put for question 3? Cause there was a bit of disagreement about it between our biology group!!!
I think the answer was B. Don't quote me on that, though. ;)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by NekkidSerpent
Yeh it looks like it... well, we'll know the answer when the official answers are released! No use bickering about it.
When is that?

Originally posted by Bannanafish
mhuahhahaha 14/15 for you sir survivor
In your opinion

grantrosehill

HSC
N/A
True but there were no clues as to the orientation of the picture .... the best and safest bet is B ... examiners would have been looking for clues as to the prac .. ie identification of vascular tissues .. ie lignified walls

arls

I assumed that the circles that had thick lining were the xylem, since they had the thick lignified walls. So the bottom circles would be passive, and the top would be active. Which answer is that?
i aggree with u nek.... exactly my ideology.. i think B is correct

arls

My teacher doesn't want to have anything to do with me anymore! :D
b is so right! look at how many ppl got it right in the other multiple choice thread?? almost every1 got b!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
My teacher doesn't want to have anything to do with me anymore! :D
I can obviously see why!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Maybe it's D, coz phloem can be a passive movement due to diffusion.

Bannanafish

HSC
hmm... the sink theory is diffusion, but the loading part is still active transport

Joe C.

I agree with survivor, i think it's C.

It's not really about The overall area of 'M' and 'W', look at the diameter of the tubes. This should clearly show that M is xylem tissue, as one of the mechanisms which carries water up the tubes is capillary action - the thinner the tubes are the better this works. Phloem tubes do not need to be as thin, as movement is by active transport.

Also, 'W', is an area of great variation as to tube diameters, this shows the larger tubes, which can carry the food up or down the plant due to active transport, much smaller tubes in amongst these are indicative of companion cells, which are necessary for the 'source to sink' mechanism.

arls

and the other links back this up further banana.... i agree! the answer is most definitely B. .... ppl started to make me doubt myself here after a bit but your pics obviously show it was B..

stop arguing all... it was b so sucked in every1 who got c!!! banana's got the hard proof so nahhhhh!!! *pokes tongue out* ....heheh im so immature.... someone shulda pulled this evidence out pages ago rather than fightin about it 4 so long!

Yeah! go me and Nek!!! and everyone else who got B!

:):):):)

braindead

HSC
well according to survivor i got 15/15
that pic above is a bit confusing for me, couldn't it possibly be upside down or something

ruella

I think it's D as well (passive passive...i think that's D), because it's only active transport for the sugar solution to *enter* the phloem. however, once *in* the pholem, it uses diffusion to move, which is passive transport. Why does no one share my line of thinking?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)