Answers to General Maths Exam (1 Viewer)

SunkistAngel

HSC
lol for Q9 MC, i interpreted it as the higher the price of petrol per litre, the LESS number of litres of petrol sold because people will be less inclined to puchase it at a high price.

So i put A, as ideally, when a population of a town increases, so does the need for more schools to cater for the increase in number of children in the town.

Too many interpretations can be put to that question though...

Also, for Q7 MC, i put C, not D. The savings sector represents 2/8 which is 1/4, so 900 (whole amount of income) times by 1/4 = 225 going into savings each week. 3600/225 is 16 weeks.
Unless of course, i was wrong in thinking the savings sector of the graph was 2/8...i didnt measure it with a protractor, i just estimated splitting it into my own triangles...anyone get this answer? or can explain why its D?

rtener89

HSC
Tom2nv said:
Hey question 3 of multiple choice i think as 280 x 4 =1120 x 0.175 = 196 as its 17.5 % of the pay she wuld receive had she been workin thus its A in my opinion
yeh u have to add on the 196 to the 4 weeks total ay cause it asks 4 the toatal pay

rtener89

HSC
SunkistAngel said:
lol for Q9 MC, i interpreted it as the higher the price of petrol per litre, the LESS number of litres of petrol sold because people will be less inclined to puchase it at a high price.

So i put A, as ideally, when a population of a town increases, so does the need for more schools to cater for the increase in number of children in the town.

Too many interpretations can be put to that question though...

Also, for Q7 MC, i put C, not D. The savings sector represents 2/8 which is 1/4, so 900 (whole amount of income) times by 1/4 = 225 going into savings each week. 3600/225 is 16 weeks.
Unless of course, i was wrong in thinking the savings sector of the graph was 2/8...i didnt measure it with a protractor, i just estimated splitting it into my own triangles...anyone get this answer? or can explain why its D?
yer for question 7 the sector is defo not 1/4 if it was 1/4 the it would have a angle of 90 remember.... its d

PC

HSC
N/A
SunkistAngel said:
The graph represents how the income from each week is split up.
The angle for savings is 80 degrees when measured with a protractor.
So savings each week = 80/360 x 900 = $200
So to reach $3600, number of weeks = 3600 ÷ 200 = 18 weeks.
.: D

FUFU

HSC
judging from the answers im guessing around 60-70, man i just realise i made so much stupid mistakes! although i found the exam was ok, wasnt that bad :worried: :confused:

merrymadi

HSC
pattii said:
QUESTION 27: A) A RECTANGULAR PLAYING SURFACE IS TO BE CONSTSRUCTED SO THAT THE LENGTH IS 6 METRES MORE THAT THE WIDTH

.... did u read the q? the graph was on the length and area not on the lenght and width....

That one stumped me too. I soon realised the 6m MORE thing, but just couldn't come up with a formula.

Btw, I'm pretty sure the answer to Q13 is B, not C. "The positions of President, Secretary and Treasurer of a club are to be chosen from a committee of 5 people". In other words, we have to choose 3 out of 5, which we type into our (normal, not graphics) calculator as: 5 nCr 3 , which gives an answer of 10 (B).

Typing in 5 (Shift) nCr 3 calculates the ORDER of selections (ie. how many ways can we order three people in first, second and third place out of a group of 5?), and gives the answer 60 (C), but that wasn't what the question asked for.

Correct me if I'm wrong =P

HSC
The question is asking for the order of selections as the 5 people are going for 3 seperate jobs.
Getting the jobs of President, Secretary or Treasurer is equivalent to getting first, second or third place in a race

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)