Answers to IT Catholic Paper 2003? (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by chris42
And sorry I just remembered one more question. Question 18, was that indirect discrimination that happened to sally, and sally could take legal action, but what else could sally do to recify the situation ?
Yeah it was direct, sally can consult their company committee have a talk about it to them what steps she should take, make sure she actually records it, like a formal letter to them, then if that fails consult the EEO Organization, send them a formal letter too, and discuss her options.

Last edited:

Ditzy_Ezza

HSC
Wuestion 18 (b) (i) was direct discrimination because Sally would have gotten the promotion if her manger had not found out she was pregnent.

(ii) -Sally should tell the manager that he is doing the wrong thing by disriminating agaisnt her.
- Sally should report him to her uniion representative

my answers again full marks

chris42

HSC
Thanks Winston, Is the main difference between direct and indirect discrimination, is the fact that direct discrimination results when a person doesn't get a job due to the fact they are a female, whereas indirect is the fact that the employer discrimiates, due to the fact that he believes a women cannot do the job efficently due to her being pregant?

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by chris42
Thanks Winston, Is the main difference between direct and indirect discrimination, is the fact that direct discrimination results when a person doesn't get a job due to the fact they are a female, whereas indirect is the fact that the employer discrimiates, due to the fact that he believes a women cannot do the job efficently due to her being pregant?
Sorry it is direct, i completely went out of it, lol my brain lol i wrote direct in the exam so its alrite :p...

chris42

HSC
Thats ok, So do know what would be an example of indirect discrimination ?

Ditzy_Ezza

HSC
Winston was wrong :p it is direct and i have no idea what the main difference is all i know is that that was direct

Winston

HSC
To be honest i wasnt even taught this direct and indirect crap, some of it wasnt even taught lol!, but i managed to tell because they do name things appropriately and its obviously direct, im directly doing something to u so obvious, but indirect i assume i something implied, and implicitly done, for example i think in this scenario if the manager said to Sally, sorry sally i forgot the position required the ability to program in blah blah language, and to my knowledge i don't think you program in this language.

Ditzy_Ezza

HSC
Originally posted by destination
Does anyone have the Catholic paper?
can anyone please scan or post the file....
Don't you people read other posts before asking for stuff? :chainsaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)