Anticipating questions (aimed at past HSC'ers) (1 Viewer)

Number7

HSC
Hi, anyone tired predicting questions in HSC exams? How successful were you? What was your subject study patten like if you assumed certain questions were likely to show up in said subject? Etc etc

I'm mainly gearing this towards economics/and other humanity subjects, more specifically the extended reponse section, but all input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mrs.McDreamy

stalker inc. president
HSC
hmm we've talked about this heaps in class, and my teacher has worned us against it, not because of some moral delemna or bad form, simply because she has SEEN people try to predict what's going to be in the question, and then completely screw themselves over because they haven't focused on the area that the actual questions asked us for. If you write essays well, and you do know the syllabus, why bother trying to predict and focus more on one area? way too risky

2006hsc

HSC
DONT predict essay questions and prepare for them only

alot of people have placed a large emphasis on policies at its the thing thats been happening this year with work choices and all....but dont trust me..
(economics)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I was able to predict last year that types of questions they asked for my IPT HSC. I knew from the pattern I was able to determine I wouldn't have to draw DFD etc only analyse them. Most subjects you can work out a pattern on the types of questionings being asked.

With that being said its best to study whatever is in the syllabus as they can only ever ask what is in the syllabus. Remember last year legal studies students got into trouble when the exam was more base on crime? I think or something along those lines. So I am sure a subject this year will have that happen.

orange_blob

Caveman
HSC
2006hsc said:
alot of people have placed a large emphasis on policies at its the thing thats been happening this year with work choices and all....but dont trust me..
(economics)
The only problem with that is the exams were written a long time ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)