Antony and Cleopatra (1 Viewer)

cathyngo

I need help on this essay question real badly:

"Powerplay involves the effeorts of the powerful to maintain their positionand the attempts of the powerless to improve their situation"

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
u basically need 2 conc on " effects of powerful" and "attempts of the powerless"......

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
I'd look at leonidus for powerless fact he is weakest member of triumverate yet tries to gain some power by being 'middle man' i guess u could call him

prob cleo for powerful - her attempt to retain dominance over ant (Act I, Scene III) look at how she tries to get him to stay in Egypt.

Ant - something about his need to go back to rome, politics...
we've only done act I so far so i'm afriad i dont know much beyond that

Carlz135

HSC
Explore how characters mainly Ant, Cleo and Caesar USE their power to get their way. They are all wanting to improve their situation, get ultimate power
Also you can get down to the nitty-gritty. Like when Cleo is around Ant and she dominates him. He practically bows down to her, listens to her despite her inexperience. Ant is powerful but can sometimes appear to be powerless.
Caesar fits the second part of the question perfectly. He imporves his situation by taking on Ant's army and thereby gains rule.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)