Antony and Cloepatra - representation task (1 Viewer)

alex1104

HSC
For our Antony and Cleopatra assesment, we have to do a representation task... it is best done in the form of a video as these ones get the best marks... in the assignment you must show how the theme of powerpay is evident in A&C, through your given median (video) whilst using the Shakespeare language... they want us to get as creative as possibe... past years have chosen lik Stars wars as their base and added the language onto that if u get what i mean.. other ones have done superheros and chosen different scenes out of the play to represent the concept of powerplay.. i was just wondering if anyone has any creative ideas lik these that we could to achieve the best mark possible!!

Anyways thanks for your help...

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
alex1104 said:
i knida have but havent found that much
At least post your question there, it's more likely to be answered there where people are studying the same thing as you are than a university forum.

alex1104

HSC
sori i didnt realise im kinda new at this thing.. i was just askin for ideas

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Asking for ideas is fine. Doing it in the right spot will get you answers.

HSC
In the interests of providing a response that will assist you in your academic career, you should try not to substitute 'median' for 'medium'.

Also, when you get around to posting this in the correct forum, you may want to provide the ideas you have so far, or at least hint at them. This will show others that you have at least given it *some* thought, and aren't just fishing for someone to do your work for you (which I'm almost certain is not the case, but others may not be).

In the event that you don't yet have any ideas, here are some thoughts which may or may not be of benefit in coming up with some ideas of your own:

* In what way are you trying to be creative? Will you get better marks for doing something which clearly portrays powerplay, or would you be better off taking a less direct approach and going for something where there is a huge contrast and relying on style points to carry you through? Are these two things incompatible?

* If I've understood your task clearly, I would think you'd be best served by picking a 'text' for the task which has its own little powerplay built-in, so that you might be able to combine that with the Shakespearean english in order to reinforce the concept and perhaps highlight some parallels.

If this is correct, perhaps you should try to think of unusual movies (or at least, ones that aren't likely to be the same thing that every other person in your class does) which contain elements of powerplay. For example, I'd suspect that picking The Trap Door, due to the constant powerplay between Berk and The Thing Upstairs, (upon reflection, this would be tough, with there being limited/no visual cues for The Thing Upstairs) would yield better marks than picking something with less evident powerplay, let's go with Milo and Otis, and attempting to superimpose the struggle for power, and the Shakespearean english over that (actually, that'd be quite amusing).

* It's important to remember that nobody on this forum is going to be marking your work (probably). If you want to know what would get the "best mark possible", your teacher may be a more appropriate person to consult.

The kids over in the English forum will probably be a lot more help :) Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)