ANU accommodation 2012 (1 Viewer)

betanumerical

HSC
yup yup. making acquaintances on bos prior to moving in haha. i can't cook though. canned tuna and sardines all day errrrrday.
lol woo my mum is teaching me took now
I got lena karmel too, can barely cook aswell so im being taught right now by mum. What one did you guys get? im in the the one with 5 rooms and a big kitchen/common area.

kaur154

HSC
I got a single studio.. I think there is no oven in the kitchen which sucks because I love baking

I'm kinda excited now, but stressed at the same time

mykneesarecold

HSC
ahh that's pretty cool...hope you get cool roomies! i got a single studio. my mum's being overly concerned right now and is writing up a whole load of recipes for me haha. b-grade asian cuisine in my room if ever you guys hit that craving!

Chazure

HSC
Uni Grad
Single studio here as well. Not completely hopeless at cooking but possibly short on healthy recipes/variety in general lol.

Should be heading to my new home on Feb 4th, should totally do a meetup of some sorts.

Or will l have to just guess usernames to faces lol.

kaur154

HSC
Are you guys going to the pre-departure information evening on the 31st?

mykneesarecold

HSC
my cooking repertoire is pretty awful in general but hopefully mum's cooking101 will change that. chazure, what are you going to do until the 13th? a get-to-know-your-surroundings sort of thing? i was planning to leave around the 9th/10th or something but now you're making me consider leaving earlier.

kaur, i didn't even know that evening existed. do you have a link to it? might go if not busy

Chazure

HSC
Uni Grad
mykneesarecold, Probably just going to get used to living by myself/Canberra, get to know my fellow neighbors i'm living with for the year etc.

It's also because it kinda feels weird paying for an empty room for a week and i'm pretty damn excited to move anyway.

Probably will attend the pre-departure meeting as l have nothing to do lol.

On a side note, when will they send me an enrollment package :/ Already accepted my offer like 10 minutes after they came out.

Last edited:

kaur154

HSC
i think it said it should arrive 8 days after you received your offer .. enrolment doesn't until february 7th

me too, I want to move out ASAP i
i've already packed half of my stuff lol

lochness1

HSC
Hey guys, I'm also in Lena Karmel Lodge (single studio), studying Arts/Law :)

chillwave

HSC
Just a spot of advice new ANU ppl:

Whilst you might have the option of moving into student accommodation from early Feb, the orientation program doesn't kick off till Feb 13th. Many halls/colleges won't even let people in till this date (or the weekend before).

If you move down early, you risk being lonely and having nothing to do. Your Senior Residents (who organise orientation) will be on training until O-week, so there'll be no-one to show you around or introduce you to each other. You can't enrol and start buying books etc either - that all happens during O-week for college kids.

I strongly suggest you stay home and enjoy the rest of your summer!

erob

HSC
Uni Grad
I got an offer for Lena Karmel Lodge, which doesn't make sense as I'm going to USYD. I emailed them and declined the offer, do I have to do anything else?

chansthename

HSC
I got a single studio.. I think there is no oven in the kitchen which sucks because I love baking

I'm kinda excited now, but stressed at the same time
if the rooms are similar to warrumbul (which they should be) your microwave will have a grill and convection oven setting. You will also have a large oven in the common room(s) that you can use when you want to.

kaur154

HSC
When do we start paying rent? From what date can we move in?
I wanted to call uniLodge today but I was busy out

kaur154

HSC
yep just got the confirmation letter today
thanks!

kaur154

HSC
did anyone go to the pre-depature evening? I was too busy

coldhands

HSC
Hey guys.. As checkin date for b&g (and I'm pretty sure for other collges) is on the 11tg of February, next weekend, I was wondering if anyone has received any packages or emails regarding anything to do with the accommodation (apart from acceptance). I have already accepted and paid the fees... It's just that I can't update my centrelink details about my residency until I find out my exact address and such..

Also, what's the procedure for checking in? Do we just rock up? Seriously...I'm leaving next week to Canberra and I still have not received any information about accommodation!

chillwave

HSC
Hey guys.. As checkin date for b&g (and I'm pretty sure for other collges) is on the 11tg of February, next weekend, I was wondering if anyone has received any packages or emails regarding anything to do with the accommodation (apart from acceptance). I have already accepted and paid the fees... It's just that I can't update my centrelink details about my residency until I find out my exact address and such..

Also, what's the procedure for checking in? Do we just rock up? Seriously...I'm leaving next week to Canberra and I still have not received any information about accommodation!
Just rock up, and you'll be greeted at the door by an army of senior residents who will make it their mission to make you feel like home from the moment you step out of the car (at least it was like this at my college). Are you bringing your parents? Because you'll probs need around $100-150 to pay for college gear and O-week tickets at check-in.

The address of B&G is 49 Daley Rd, ACTON, ACT 2601

The only thing you need to worry about at this stage is what to bring. Give them a call if you have any questions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)