ANU - Economics (1 Viewer)

jono1887

HSC
Everyone around these forums seems to think that USYD and UNSW are the best universities for business, eco and commerce, but isn't ANU Australia's highest ranking university?? Why are the entry requirements so low there and why isnt it as highly regarded by most people despite its top ranking??

Rorix

HSC
The rankings are not based on the criteria of "how helpful will this University be to me obtaining employment?"

They are based on crap like ratio of postgrads to undergrads, research, etc., all stuff which has no relevance to someone choosing their University as an undergraduate.

Anyone that has been through graduate recruitment will tell you it is more difficult to get into a job if you are not from UNSW or USYD.

sparkerasp

HSC
jono1887 said:
Everyone around these forums seems to think that USYD and UNSW are the best universities for business, eco and commerce, but isn't ANU Australia's highest ranking university?? Why are the entry requirements so low there and why isnt it as highly regarded by most people despite its top ranking??
You are correct, ANU is the highest ranking university in Australia overall. ANU's Economics I'm quite sure is the best in Australia, but not it's Commerce. I'm quite sure UniMelbourne and UNSW take the credit for that.

The entry requirement is low because there probably aren't so many people taking the course (ie. it's not in a very convenient place for people in NSW or Victoria let alone Queensland is it?). Also, UNSW, Usyd, UniMelbourne are all in the CBD of their state, thus making them more popular with companies, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)