ANU provisional medicine (1 Viewer)

lionking1191

HSC
Is there anyone at all who actually understands the provisional entry program? There doesn't seem to be a lot of point to it apart from the fact that you get your interview done first. Do you still get ranked based on your GPA/GAMSAT for selection purposes, or do you just have to have made 'satisfactory progress' (ie. pass)?

I'm trying to decide whether or not to go to the interview, and the deadline is the end of this week :(

oh, and also any ideas as to how ANU rates among grad. medical schools such as USYD and UMelb?

doink

Clone
HSC
Don't have to do GAMSAT and your interview is already done, just need to maintain the average that they say, pretty sure this is how the ball rolls.

lionking1191

HSC
doink said:
Don't have to do GAMSAT and your interview is already done, just need to maintain the average that they say, pretty sure this is how the ball rolls.
you still have to do the GAMSAT unfortunately. i wish it was that easy

nottellingu

HSC
doink said:
I called up the faculty and they told me that the provisional offer means u dont have to do the interview again....thats it ! You still have to get a pretty high gpa and a competitive gamsat score like any other applicant. You compete with everybody else to get into postgrad med. It actually indirectly says this on their website under provisional offers. Imo its not worth the move from nsw.

lionking1191

HSC
nottellingu said:
I called up the faculty and they told me that the provisional offer means u dont have to do the interview again....thats it ! You still have to get a pretty high gpa and a competitive gamsat score like any other applicant. You compete with everybody else to get into postgrad med. It actually indirectly says this on their website under provisional offers. Imo its not worth the move from nsw.
hmm ok thanks for that. well, if i ever feel the urge to go sightseeing.. (not that there's anything to see in canberra)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)