ANU vs Monash (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys, so I'm really overly excited for university, but can't decide which one! I've narrowed it down to Monash and ANU.

I want to do a double degree in Science and Arts, majoring in Genetics and Ethics, and I was wondering which university would be best for that.

On top of that, I was hoping to find the pros and cons of each university generally, accommodation, cost, ATAR cut offs, facilities, halls etc.

And pretty please, also the pros and cons of Canberra and Melbourne themselves !

I'd love you guys so much if you could give me anything! x

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Addressed a lot of the other things in the other thread, but for cut offs:

Clearly in ATAR score (2013): 88.05 (Clayton) HOWEVER, you would be eligible for SEAS which drops the ATAR in score considerably :D

ANU cut off is generally around 80ish (again would be lenient as you would also be eligible for EAS for being rural)

Smoke Eater

HSC
N/A
Accommodation:
- Monash is more expensive for accommodation (meals excluded)
- ANU is least expensive for accommodation (meals excluded)
- Monash does not have accommodation that include meals. ANU does.
- The food at Monash Halls Cafe has deteriorated significantly since last year, they cook the same meals every week and it's not worth the money
- ANU has more places to eat for halls residents versus Monash. Monash only has one and ANU has multiple.
- The halls are generally old and rooms can be quite small at Monash. Also had issues with bathroom showers not being cleaned by cleaning staff for several months. Cleaning staff do not speak English.

General university wise
- Monash has a tonne of bureaucracy and an impersonal feel to it because there are so many students.
- ANU has significantly less students and staff are very eager to assist you.
- Monash has a tonne of career academics with no real world experience unlike ANU.
- Monash has more foreign university partners than ANU (supposedly).
- ANU is rated higher than Monash reputation and ranking wise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)