anu vs uq? (1 Viewer)

Finland Ahoy!

HSC
hey!
i know its a fairly broad question, but just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on either anu or uq? i'm thinking of some combination of laws/arts/environmental science. i live in qld, but would have to move to go anywhere decent anyway so the distance isnt really an issue. any advice would be great

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
I have some thoughts on UQ! I'm thinking that I want to go there. Once upon a time I was looking at environmental science but now I'm looking at speech pathology or arts. I don't really know why I want to go there. A number of factors really -- location and distance from home is one (Brisbane is closer than Sydney). Also, the fact that they offer a speech pathology degree attracted me, plus (if I don't get into that, which, due to its having a 95.3 UAI last year, I probably won't) a really nice looking arts degree. Also, the fact that they had on-campus accommodation (ie. colleges) appealed to me, because I really want to live on campus. So... thats what I think of UQ. I know nothing of ANU, because I never considered going there. All I have to do now is actually get into UQ, hey? If anyone else knows something of UQ please share.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Well, first consider the locations:
Canberra: Small, less 'life', cold.
Brisbane: Need I say anthing? Freaking awesome.

The universities themselves are essentially equivalent academically (both in the top 5 in Australia). UQ is stronger in terms of teaching. UQ is very strong on the environmental sciences: biology, marine science, etc. ANU also has a strength here.

I've personally made the conclusion that UQ is superior for my needs but that's a personal thing and I think you should examine it yourself. The websites are a great place to start.

I will still consider ANU if I manage to get into the Ph.B(Science). That would be cool.

The good thing is, applying to both QTAC and UAC, you get 18 total preferences, and 2 official choices to decide on once the main round offers have been made (As opposed to the one which everybody else gets).

Finland Ahoy!

HSC
ok thanks for that, i'm definately more positive about UQ now. it seems every time i talk to anyone i change my mind yet again. oh well with 18 preferences surely you can't go wrong :D

Finland Ahoy!

HSC
meh, 18, 15, same diff. although i spose if my adding up's that bad i'm not going to be getting in anywhere regardless of how many preferences i get

mishka

HSC
N/A
you get 15 preferences in Qld?? :rolleyes: We are really ripped off down here! :p

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
No, you only get 6 in Qld. 6 + 9 = 15. Thats what I ws referring to.

mishka

HSC
N/A
oh, right! :p

I thought I'd been gypped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)