ANY 1 thinkn of Getn der paper remarked! (1 Viewer)

butch_dodd

HSC
got 89 in PDHPE and 88 in hospo..wonder if it would b worth getn them remarkd or if that would jst b wingn?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Is high band fives not good enough or not what you expected? On a whole I don't really think its worth most likely wont change it could lessen and if it goes higher might be by one or two and for the price I think not.

Last edited:

Lori.

HSC
The markers might get incredibly annoyed at having to read your poor grammar and spelling again that they might give you a worse mark :/

Bijs

HSC
GJV said:
The markers might get incredibly annoyed at having to read your poor grammar and spelling again that they might give you a worse mark :/
Believe it or not, some people do actually write differently in an internet BBS to a formal examination. Go back to your tower.

J

jhakka

As far as I know you can only get your marks rechecked, not remarked. They just make sure they typed all the info in correctly.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
what are policies behind rechecking.. cuzi got 88 for eco.. and iw as aniticipating the at least 90... cuz this was my strongest subject... i have the application and was wondering what is the policy behind gettin it rechekd... if its a lower mark... does it stay like that.. or do u just keep your original mark??

thanks guys

Optophobia

HSC
They can't award you a lower mark, but they can award you a higher one. Most people who request a recheck get a few more marks (i'm thinking the BOS is being generous.. i can't see how each of the people who requested a re-mark could some how know, as if by ESP, that they deserved a few marks more).

I think from a survey on this site last year, ~85% of people who requested a remark got more marks :confused:

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
thankyou very much :)

but i do feel cheated... for god sakes it was my strongest subject.. and i only got one more mark then my WEAKEST SUBJECT lol... that realli kills your spirit.. to know that the subject u loved so much... and the subject u hated so much u got about the same...

thankyou very much for the reply back :)

H.A.L.

HSC
Optophobia said:
They can't award you a lower mark, but they can award you a higher one. Most people who request a recheck get a few more marks (i'm thinking the BOS is being generous.. i can't see how each of the people who requested a re-mark could some how know, as if by ESP, that they deserved a few marks more).

I think from a survey on this site last year, ~85% of people who requested a remark got more marks :confused:
Funny because I read that some miniscule amount of people actually got awarded marks as a result of the BOS not typing their results correctly into the computer, I'm thinking less than 10% maybe even less than 5%. I really don't see how the BOS could stuff up 85% of people's results, for an organisation of that size that has been doing it for that long it just doesn't seem possible. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
^ I'm inclined to agree.

Stranger things have happened in the past though :p

hannahxxx

HSC
jhakka said:
As far as I know you can only get your marks rechecked, not remarked. They just make sure they typed all the info in correctly.

Yeah the guy from the inquiry centre said there is no such thing as remarking. It can only ever be rechecked, and I reckon the amount of stuff ups they'd make would be pretty miniscule as well

pink668

HSC
i'm considering getting chem remarked... so what you guys are saying is that if you get a lower mark than they had first calculated- they wont deduct marks??? and even if you get a few extra marks, does it make a big difference on UAI?

thanks

daledugahole

HSC
I think I'm getting extension history rechecked because the difference with my trial mark and my hsc exam mark is huge so is the difference between my hsc exam mark and assessment mark. I don't know where I could have gone so terribly wrong. I went back and looked at the exam paper yesterday and there was no misinterpretation of the question on my part. I don't understand how there could be so much difference in the marking. Also my teacher is a hsc marker so she must know what she is doing marks wise.

BlackDragon

HSC
You can never get your paper remarked. They just make sure they have added the marks given to you correctly for whatever it costs.

xizoran

HSC
im getting my english paper rechecked because its about 10 marks less than what i expected to get as my RAW mark - its 78 - about 10 marks less than my next lowest subject wat a mole

rockets

HSC
N/A
Yeah - I'm thinking of getting a recheck as for maths my assessment mark was 94 and exam mark was 82, this is 12 marks difference which seems huge and really thought I would end up with 90 or over in this subject. what do you guys think??
PS go to fairly top school - top 55 last year and was in top 3% for this subject.

thenothing

no member
HSC
I'm thinking of getting one for Extension English 2, I got an extremely low mark for it. I was shocked to say the least when I saw it :/

J

jhakka

thenothing said:
I'm thinking of getting one for Extension English 2, I got an extremely low mark for it. I was shocked to say the least when I saw it :/
Story of my life. How did you go otherwise? At the end of the day, if you get where you want to be marks are just a bad memory.

thenothing

no member
HSC
jhakka said:
Story of my life. How did you go otherwise? At the end of the day, if you get where you want to be marks are just a bad memory.
I did fairly well, for me anyway. I was aiming for 85, and got 84.6.

English Adv: 81
English Ext 1: 42
English Ext 2: 29 (sooooo wrong)
Maths: 59 (but doesn't count, did the extra units because I always knew it wouldn't count)
Chemistry: 76
Modern History: 81
Studies of Religion: 46
History Ext: 42

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)