Any advice please? (1 Viewer)

qwe12321

HSC
Hello guys,

I just wanted to seek some advice (I’m not sure if BoS is the right forum to ask it in). I have always been a high-achiever, however, recently my attention has been consumed with a guy, and before I met him I always thought relationships during the HSC is not a good idea. He asked me out the other day and I said yes (because I like him). However, I have been unable to study because all I keep thinking about is him, even though I really need and want to study. My aim has always been and always will be to get a 99+ ATAR and get into medicine, and I know that I really want this, but I realised from current experience that it doesn’t make sense to be in a relationship and study at the same time. I don’t know what to do 😢 I really want to study and ace the HSC, but I don’t want to break up with him either. Any advice?

For context, I go to a top-15 school and I am in Yr11.

carrotsss

HSC
Tbh the kinda obsession at the start will wear off after a bit. Just make sure you set boundaries and try to separate relationship time and study time (like you could have a few hours where you both study and then talk at the end) - if he’s academically motivated as well this shouldn’t be an issue for either of you.

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Hello guys,

I just wanted to seek some advice (I’m not sure if BoS is the right forum to ask it in). I have always been a high-achiever, however, recently my attention has been consumed with a guy, and before I met him I always thought relationships during the HSC is not a good idea. He asked me out the other day and I said yes (because I like him). However, I have been unable to study because all I keep thinking about is him, even though I really need and want to study. My aim has always been and always will be to get a 99+ ATAR and get into medicine, and I know that I really want this, but I realised from current experience that it doesn’t make sense to be in a relationship and study at the same time. I don’t know what to do 😢 I really want to study and ace the HSC, but I don’t want to break up with him either. Any advice?

Time to employ my inexperienced rizzics advice.
*fixes up my tie*
Advice from someone whose been in many (in the 100s) (thats a lie):
- Tell the dude u would like to postphone the relationship until the hsc finishes
Works everytime.

hscgirl

HSC
Also I don't really know how you'd be "breaking" up with him, he just asked you on a date, you're not in an actual relationship yet 🤣
i think qwe12321 meant she thinks it is gonna progress into an actual relationship after the first date ???

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Hello guys,

OORRRR alternatively, you could move schools and change ur name legally, then leave the country, fly to zimbabwe, disappear for like 2 yrs to finish hsc, and then finally u can come back to romeo (as long as he didnt murder tybalt again)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Hello guys,

this is what my tutor says
"U THINK HES GONNA BE THERE WILL U WHEN UR THIRTY YEARS OLD AND SPEND THE REST OF UR LIFE WITH YOU
ANYTHING ELSE IS A WASTE OF TIME U WANNA HAVE FAKE MEMORIES WHICH U CAN"T EVEN ENOJOY BEACUSE THE PERSON YOUR SEPDNING ALL THIS TIME ON DURING A YEAR YPOU SHOULD BE FOCUSING ON YOURSELF WILL STAY WITH YOU FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WHEN EVERYONE IS SO IMMATURE RIGHT NOW?
anyways break up and move on"

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
"U THINK HES GONNA BE THERE WILL U WHEN UR THIRTY YEARS OLD AND SPEND THE REST OF UR LIFE WITH YOU
ANYTHING ELSE IS A WASTE OF TIME U WANNA HAVE FAKE MEMORIES WHICH U CAN"T EVEN ENOJOY BEACUSE THE PERSON YOUR SEPDNING ALL THIS TIME ON DURING A YEAR YPOU SHOULD BE FOCUSING ON YOURSELF WILL STAY WITH YOU FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WHEN EVERYONE IS SO IMMATURE RIGHT NOW?
Wise words. wise words.
The shear beauty of the vocabulary just makes it that much more inspiring.

kkk579

hello
HSC
the teacher that said that was the same teacher who said that immigrants that come to australia and don’t study should be deported

kkk579

hello
HSC
Hello guys,

break up and wake up

jkjk idk any relationship advice but most obvious thing to do is be transparent ig. just tell him and if he RLLY likes u he might be willing to wait till y12 is over

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)