Any advice? (1 Viewer)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
you have no reason not to go.

in my opinion, it'd be utter stupidity not to go.

my advice go: scribble 2+2 on the paper if thats all you can do.
go there, get some writing on the paper, and walk away with dignity.

dont just cower at home. you spent 2 whole years just for this.

HSC
Just walk in there and hope for the best. That's what I intend to do tomorrow. Ext 1 Maths is in no way my strong suit, but I'm still going to try my best despite it being my weakest subject.

You'll be able to write something. Make it up if you have to. It may give you some marks, you never know. It probably won't make you feel better, but if it's any consolation I've failed every practice paper I've done. You won't be the only one not prepared. Just give it your best shot.

B35tY

HSC
Yeah I'm with dagwoman, i'm sorry if i offended you, but this is a forum where people are free to express their opinions.

Just give it a go tomorrow, you might surprise yourself. And if you don't, it was only 2 hours of your time, what's the loss?

The main thing is to not worry about it so much, especially if it's not going to count for your UAI.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
*Ninny-mole* said:
I'll also be an idiot if I go in there and get less than 10% despite 2 years of hard work in the subject.
Seriously, at least attempt the paper. Going in there and getting 10% is better than the non-attempt you will recieve on your HSC if you don't go. I was in a similar situation with the mathematics paper. I had to decide whether to sit the exam and be lucky to get 10% or not to sit it at all. I refused to do it and wouldn't listen to my teachers because after putting in so much effort I didn't want to get such horrible marks, but changed my mind half an hour before the exam. I'm so glad I did. I went in without knowing half the course and knowing I wouldn't be able to physically complete even the parts I knew because of health problems, but I realised a crappy mark is better than nothing. I stressed out, wrote hardly anything and came out of the exam wishing I'd run away and destroyed my paper so no one could marks it, but now I'm happy I tried.

I know it's a different situation but really its better to be able to say you went in there and gave it your best shot, rather than just giving up when you're so close to completing the subject. You put in all that effort and you at least deserve to get the piece of paper saying you completeled 3 unit maths, which looks good on its own. The marks you get aren't the end of the world, its the fact you finished the course! Teachers are right about these things sometimes, I basically just repeated the advice everyone gave me (the advice I wouldn't listen to) :p

Only you can decide though, but just make sure you're really sure about your decision because there's no going back. good luck tomorrow :)

Last edited:

gemrism

HSC
Good luck today babes :)!
You sound like you've tried hard :)
Hey as long as you try if you do poorly its some effort :D!

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
just remember that it is a hard subject and that there are always atleast a few (sometimes a few thousand) more students who are doing worse than you.

also from the raw mark thread in the UAI technical area

2003 HSC Paper Maths Extension 1:
Raw mark: 15-16/84
Aligned mark: 25/50

thats 17% which aligns as a pass. if you could get double that in the trials i see no reason why its not possible to atleast scrape a slightly higher UAI by showing up for a few hours.

Lauren_Melrose

~Lauren~
HSC
If it makes you feel any better, you are definetly not the only one in this situation. I'm really not looking forward to the exam today, but surely I can scrape a couple of marks together in the first few questions. Just do your best, thats all you can do.

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
Thanks everybody for ALL the advice. And sorry for being a bitch yesterday...I was wound up and stressed over the exam. I did it, and failed. But, I was never going to pass anyway so, I should get over it. Anyways, thanks all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)