Any bodybuilders in here? (2 Viewers)

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Lets be clear that I'm talking conventional close grip (eg 6-8" palms toward body) chin-ups these work the biceps.
Yeah, I understand the exercise you are doing, and yes - it does work your biceps. However, it also works your lats. In fact, it is a very good exercise for adding width to your lats. I did a quick google search and clicked on the first link:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/charles4.htm

Any suggestions for a good extensor exercise?
Simply do the same exercise but have your palms facing the ground. Personally, I find this hurts my wrists and have found that doing reverse cable curls is an excellent substitute.

The reason for the relatively light day is because I have a heavy day at work, like the bodyweight exercises as benchmarks and they are a required part of army physicals (a long term goal being joining the reserves - in a more than capable physical state). I'm steering clear of cardio becausee initially I want to bulk up and then cut down - I also ride 5kms+ mon through thurs so extra cardio isnt really needed.
Okay then, that sounds fine. If the exercises you listed are those same exercises that you will need to perform for entry into the army - do them! This is due to the training principle of specificity.

Stas - do you find that taking supplements and such affect your performance in study at all? I mean my brother has heaps of supps to gain muscle and so forth, but im a little worried taking that stuff will hinder my study - which is after all my most important worry.
No way!! Taking supplements - well, legal ones anyway - will not [negatively] affect your studies. There may be an effect, but it wont be negative. I dont quite understand where you would even get the supposition that supplements would hinder your studies. In fact, there is research that suggests some bodybuilding supplements (eg. creatine) improves cognitive thinking, memory and concentration.

However, i really depends on the specific supplement your brother/you take or pr plan to take. Steroids, prohormones etc may have negative side-effects.

The only hindrance may be an obsession with bodybuilding which results in you spending too much time in the gym and not enough time doing uni work :p.

retardatwork

HSC
Yeh i do weights. I do it because i play football and other physical sports.
Does anyone which has already posted in the past (and can be bothered to post again) do weights for any other reason?!!?!

Miliux

Livin' in Amsterdam
HSC
Yeah i do weights. 5 times a week. Hard to find time but have to do it before lectures, weekends and so on.

I generally do weights for 'stress management'. Somehow find it humerous but i think it keeps my stress level in check and balance. Like i cannot break in anger mode even when i am impatient or someone is in my way. Sort of breaks the myth that gym junkies are aggressive...

I am a bit worried about some people here take supplements like creatine as if it is something to toy with. I do take proteine shake because i don't consume a lot of protein daily. I don't eat much red meat and other fatty foods.

I would highly recommend cleaning up your diet, lifestyle and habits before even considering supplements. Diet makes a very substantial difference to your outcome . Remember, you won't be able to take advantage optimally in workout sessions if you don't perform. Lifting weights is like only 30-40% of job.

fourp1ay

HSC
Been lifting for about 2 years.. 1 year seriously and consistently.

6' and 90kg atm.

Going to the gym and doing weights used to be a bit of a chore, now I absolutely love it.. When im sore I just look forward to my next workout so I can lift again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)