Any one here into Animation? (1 Viewer)

HozZAaH

HSC
Just wanting to know, coz i could use ALOT of help in animating, its an area i just love and would like to learn more :)

Karl625

HSC
I like to consider myself as an animator. I'm no disney but I love making animations. What do you want to know?? :confused:

Crizzy

HSC
when i was little I always wanted to be an animator working for disney and stuff. Im really interest in animation, I don't know much about it though. What type of animation do you do? The only one I know alot on is clay animation... I tried making a clay animation video last year http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUaxvwnuGB4 but mines really lame

HozZAaH

HSC
Karl625 said:
I like to consider myself as an animator. I'm no disney but I love making animations. What do you want to know?? :confused:
just some basics and share ideas, that and i was hopign i wasnt one of the few in australia, my school has like, NONE, Got any works? id like to see em =D

HozZAaH

HSC
Crizzy said:
when i was little I always wanted to be an animator working for disney and stuff. Im really interest in animation, I don't know much about it though. What type of animation do you do? The only one I know alot on is clay animation... I tried making a clay animation video last year http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUaxvwnuGB4 but mines really lame
haha thats pretty kewl, you gotta start somewhere, i would do claymation, or stopstart motion whatever you wanna call it, im mainly a flash animator who does absolute random crap =D

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I made this animation at school too. See sig.

Believe me, a career as an animator is a very tough road. Unless you're totally determined to work as an animator at a relatively large company (which pays ALOT, I must admit), start early, which is what you guys have done. Keep practising, and read alot of books.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
above link doesnt work. would you happen to have another?

im into 3d modelling but have never really had the time to work on a real animation. i have a few ideas which i thought i would try animate this holidays. i was planning on doing digital media at cofa but didnt make it in but ive realised thats probably for the best considering 3d modelling/animation is at most a hobby and im not so in to it that i could work on it daily without getting bored.

heres some random renderings which were mainly done whenever i had a few moments of boredom:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v310/DeathB4Life/

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
for the OP, you might want to check out a program called Blender. its free, has loads of online tutorials and should be a good stepping stone towards 3d animation.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
DeathB4Life said:
above link doesnt work. would you happen to have another?
Working on it.
No idea why the UNSW site is having problems.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, that's actually pretty sweet, Legham.

The link's up and running.
Animation's a nice field, but it just takes way too long to get anything done, and the payoff isn't always worth it.

Last edited:

Legham

HSC
Thanks :) Theres a few more if you click on my profile on youtube. 2 of them are decent and the other two are crap.. they were made when we were experimenting with it and didnt really know what we were doing.

And holy shit, that Eugene 2 trailer is awesome :D :D

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Is that Eugene 2 an actual game? Anyway, I loved the camera in that trailer. I thought the models and textures were a bit weak though.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
A High Way Man said:
Is that Eugene 2 an actual game? Anyway, I loved the camera in that trailer. I thought the models and textures were a bit weak though.
Depends. If that Sudanese didn't react like they did regarding Mohammed the teddy bear, the game might be out by the date marked on the trailer.
Yeah I get grilled for the low-detail models and environments, but they're helluva easier to work with than the more complex ones.

spikebuzzard

HSC
I'm learning to animate, stop-action compositing with adobe aftereffects cs3 and 3D computer animation with Maxon Cinema 4D. I'll be editing with adobe premier cs3. I'm having a little trouble getting my aspect ratios correct for the compositing of digital camera images but besides that i'm going alright.

flappinghippo

HSC
Hell yeah, I've been experimenting with everything since I was like 10 years old. My mum's an animator herself and my dad a graphic designer so I had a pretty good advantage.

I've done stopmotion animation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ndH7Rq9VtQ,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldTTRx5w8Nc

Also one for school, a la Hardest Button to Button.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2kOVdF1DH4

I used to want to be a 3D animator like 3/4 years ago, but the steep learning curve involved sapped my interest. Who knows, maybe there's better software out there now. Still, I used to do spaceship animations and shit using Bryce 3D.

I also used to make Flash animations in year 9 and 10, inspired by sickanimation.com and salad fingers etc. as I did in those immature years.

I'm not sure what I want to do, so I got into Digital Media at COFA since it encompasses everything I've really done.

Komaticom! That's nucking futs! I've always wanted to create battle scenes (had the 12yo vision, but nothing else), so I'm jealous. The camerawork's great, the timing as well (I liked the fall onto the sofa).

Did you do the in-game animations as well as the cinematics? And how well do the companies you're talking about pay?

Crizzy, did you use a still camera? If so, they's a nice camera.

Gabriella_

HSC
N/A
Heylo

I'm hopefully going to be doing an animation film for my Extension 2 major work...

... I have no idea how to get started with Adobe A.E. though... there's tutorials aplenty in the internet and YouTube, but I must say.. they're not really what I've been looking for..!! :)

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!

Arrr!!!

Is it possible to scan your protagonist that you've drawn previously, import it through Illustrator and tweak it and then import it into AfterEffects? Or what??

Heeelp please! :)

Xx
Melissa

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Heylo

I'm hopefully going to be doing an animation film for my Extension 2 major work...

... I have no idea how to get started with Adobe A.E. though... there's tutorials aplenty in the internet and YouTube, but I must say.. they're not really what I've been looking for..!! :)

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!

Arrr!!!

Is it possible to scan your protagonist that you've drawn previously, import it through Illustrator and tweak it and then import it into AfterEffects? Or what??

Heeelp please! :)

Xx
Melissa
Hi Gabriella, You're about 2 years too late unfortunately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)