Any Onstage nominations for non-performers (IP's) (1 Viewer)

jamersonx

HSC
Just wondering if anyone's designs/videos/scripts etc were held back for Onstage selection?

All ours got sent back :( Drama teacher had a bit of a bitch actually. heh.

Aeriff

HSC
That sucks. I haven't heard of anything in my classes' lot - I'll ask my teacher tomorrow before the Drama exam. :)

CGSAJA

HSC
I got my logbooks back and a letter saying that I had been recommended for possible inclusion for OnStage. I don't think they have "confirmed" anyone's nomination yet because I'm sure there is a tonne of politics about how many private versus publics schools there are represented etc...

Also! A nomination for OnStage means you scored in the A-Range and not necessarily a 30/30 - clearly because they're putting together an exhibition they will chose those that lie in the A-Range but may be the nicest to look out, least fiddly, blah blah blah...

So yeah... Good luck to all the other people who may "possibly" have been selected....any one else?

sj1990

HSC
Did you get a letter sent to your school? Or your home address?

CGSAJA

HSC
Well it doesn't get sent to you...but it gets sent to your school and the Principal so it's pretty obvious when you don't get a project back.

I think the Prinicpal/Teacher than writes to the Board and gives them ur details and then they may send it home... I don't know how it works because I havent got my letter yet.

sj1990

HSC
I thought you said you got a letter saying you were nominated? Also - what was your IP?

CGSAJA

HSC
I did get a letter - it wasn't addressed to me though but I read it and as I said it says selected for possible inclusion.

Basically the easiest way to find out if u ever got nominated is if your project comes back or not. Having said that if your project does come back it doesn't mean you didn't score 30.30 it just may not have been what they were looking for.

sj1990

HSC
So you just went to school and asked for your IP back? Also - what was your IP? Scriptwriting, costume design, video drama, lighting design ... etc?

CGSAJA

HSC
*head in palm*

Not quite. They finished marking the physical projects and because we paid for them like the materials and shit they ship them back to use through a courier. Your teacher should have them or get them soon.

My project was lighting... I think.

sj1990

HSC
LOL - sorry - I got what you meant about the courier the first time... just didn't convey it properly.

Congrats! May I ask how you *think* you did lighting :p I did scriptwriting, and I didn't really have to buy any materials, but they'd still send all our projects back right? I'm assuming so, regardless of if they were costly to produce...

I hope you're successful with getting in ... I know how big a deal it is.

CGSAJA

HSC
Oh there are people who deserve it more than I do.

Umm but yeah lighting isn't costly as such to produce but there has to be like A2 sized photocopies and overlays and that all adds and WTF is the BOS going to with a lighting project?

I hope you do well too.

Aeriff

HSC
According to my teacher, everything got sent back except my poster (I did programs & promotions). No idea what's going on there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)