any point? bcomm/beco double degree (1 Viewer)

Sam91

HSC
hey i was just wondering if theres any point doing a bcomm/beco double degree. 4 those who do what would be the adv/disadv?
thanks

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
hey i was just wondering if theres any point doing a bcomm/beco double degree. 4 those who do what would be the adv/disadv?
thanks
If you do com/eco, you're at uni for another year doing more economics courses for your eco major under the economics degree.

If you're not interested in pursing a major in either economics, econometrics or financial economics, then com/eco probably won't appeal to you.

The advantage is you get 2 degrees (3 majors) when you graduate and the disadvantage is that you're at uni for another year.

That's it.

atm1991

HSC
Wouldn't the fourth year be better spent doing Honours in either of your majors if your eligible for it?

Sam91

HSC
right i see. thanks for the info. the thing is i enjoy economics at the moment and i quite like it. so i like the idea of an eco degree. but ive never done business studies (my school doesnt offer it) so i don't really know if ill like accounting and all that. comm degree stuff
so i'm not sure whether to do comm or eco? or both? a major in econometrics sounds interesting. would that be just an eco degree?

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
right i see. thanks for the info. the thing is i enjoy economics at the moment and i quite like it. so i like the idea of an eco degree. but ive never done business studies (my school doesnt offer it) so i don't really know if ill like accounting and all that. comm degree stuff
so i'm not sure whether to do comm or eco? or both? a major in econometrics sounds interesting. would that be just an eco degree?
You'll get a taste of accounting in first year next year as the whole degree plan has changed for 2010ers. If you dont like it, don't continue. If you do, continue. Accounting will get you a job but its boring as shit and gets quite hard in the later stages from my friend's accounts.

A major in econometrics would be difficult if you're shit at maths. Then again, you'll also get a taste of econometrics in that new 'business stats' course next year in first year. It used to be called qmb but by doing it, you'll see whether or not you like the idea of stats.

shakky15

HSC
is it possible to drop the /eco (or change it to (liberal))

my hearts no longer in economics :(

I'll still major in business strategy and eco mgmt (sounds interesting)..

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
is it possible to drop the /eco (or change it to (liberal))

my hearts no longer in economics :(

I'll still major in business strategy and eco mgmt (sounds interesting)..
Yeah, of course its possible to drop your eco degree and just do com (liberal). Still, its funny how you say you're not interested in an eco degree anymore when you're still keen on doing an economics major under commerce.

shakky15

HSC
Yeah, of course its possible to drop your eco degree and just do com (liberal). Still, its funny how you say you're not interested in an eco degree anymore when you're still keen on doing an economics major under commerce.
lol well its only watered down economics mixed with a bit of management... im not into the econometrics stuff at all...

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
lol well its only watered down economics mixed with a bit of management... im not into the econometrics stuff at all...
The economics isnt essentially watered down. It just gives you more flexibility in whatever courses you want to do. So if you wanted to challenge yourself, you'd just pick any 3rd Year course you could find.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)