Any predictions on what the Germany HSC question might entail? (1 Viewer)

zebzie

HSC
last year asked about totalitarianism and the failure and successes of democracy...anyone got any ideas on what might be asked?

I still think its the Nazi Party's accession to power and hitlers role in nazi Germany, as that hasn't been asked in the past 8 or so years.

el gwapo

HSC
there has always been two questions, at least if we're going by trends. One on the Weimar period, and then one on the NSDAP period, from 1933 onwards.

Summerbreeze

HSC
My guess for Weimar is the Influence of the German Army in the Weimar Republic and how it contributed to it's downfall... according to my teacher that hasn't been asked for awhile.

Apparently the successes and failures of democracy in Weimar Germany were poorly answered last year... so there is a slim chance they ask it again...

As for Nazi Germany... i have no idea!

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Something about Nazi Foreign Policy maybe?
And something to do with the Weimar Republic (as always).

I can hope for something straightforward like the effects of Nazism on the German population from 1933 til 1939 but I sincerely doubt that the people who wrote this year's paper would be so kind.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Could be the role of the German army this time around.

Evertonian

HSC
Nazi Foreign Policy - Impact not Nazi Ideology in relation to foreign policy.
Nazi Racial Policy - Hitlers Contribution, impact
Nationalism
Role of the German Army
Social and Cultural life of Weimar and/or Nazi Period

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Nazi Foreign Policy - Impact not Nazi Ideology in relation to foreign policy.
Nazi Racial Policy - Hitlers Contribution, impact
Nationalism
Role of the German Army
Social and Cultural life of Weimar and/or Nazi Period

Social and Cultural life of Weimar and Nazi period was two years ago - and done badly as most kids could only do either weimar or nazi but not both.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
-role of nationalism or nazism in the transformation of the state
-role of the military in the second reich
I think you mean third reich as second reich isn't on the syllabus (it ended with the Kaiser's abdication!!)

tku336

HSC
Role of Army in Weimar Republic's Collapse (our assessment)

Nazi Racial Policy (our trial)

perrie1234

HSC
i wouldnt think that they would continue the trend of one weimar one nazi state cause if anyone did the religion paper you would definetly see that they are trying to stop any trends so i would say be prepared

zzzz12345

HSC
i wouldnt think that they would continue the trend of one weimar one nazi state cause if anyone did the religion paper you would definetly see that they are trying to stop any trends so i would say be prepared
They probably wouldn't completely abandon the trend just skew it so that the Weimar question extends past 1933 or the Nazism question begins earlier. Some aspects do have a pretty definite time frame though but I do agree that they probably won't have Question 1: 1919-1933 and then Question 2: 1933-1939.
In regards to the question I'm hoping/predicting an influence of racism because the last time it was asked in 2006 it was more focused on Hitler's role. An influence of the army question is also very probable and this worries me greatly because I'm concerned that my essay will degenerate into narrative, especially if the question states from 1919-1933.
All in all modern is giving me the most stress and the fact that it's the day after Chemistry isn't making me feel any better. Oh well; what can one do.

perrie1234

HSC
yer i agree there was a question a while ago that stated "assess the impact of the Nazi Party on German society from 1923-1939 which is a very very broad scope by something that would be really easy to talk about

zebzie

HSC
sooo *ahem*
does anyone have any links to the role of the army in regards to the collapse of weimar?

i would say something along the lines of it had a considerable impact on relfecting the growing wariness of the german public toward the social, eco and political issues, but didn't really contribute...

(seeing as i know nothing of this topic, can someone help me out)

Evertonian

HSC
sooo *ahem*
does anyone have any links to the role of the army in regards to the collapse of weimar?

i would say something along the lines of it had a considerable impact on relfecting the growing wariness of the german public toward the social, eco and political issues, but didn't really contribute...

(seeing as i know nothing of this topic, can someone help me out)
This is my stuff

The Seeckt Era
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]He retained the army’s independence and power, even attended Cabinet meetings also attended by the President. This gave him direct access to power, a damaging situation for Weimar as Seeckt was never truly for the republic.[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Seeckt was an aristocrat with no respect for the WR and ‘he never attained a positive relationship to the republic and its institutions’ (Carsten)[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
§[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]During the 1950’s and 1960’s, historians such as W.Sauer and F.L. Carsten emphasised the ‘state within a state’ concept, arguing that the autonomous position of the Reichswehr weakened the democratic order and contributed to the downfall of the Republic.[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Reduction of the Officer Corps created discontent within the Corps itself and led to failure to retain republican officers, meaning the officer corps was less prepared to make an unequivacol defence of the Republic against any Putsch from the right.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Hamburg Points:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] introduced by the Central Council. If passed would mean the end of the old army. General Groener and the High Command threatened resignation and the end to the November 10 alliance between WR and army and pointed out to Ebert the inadequacy of his government, which depended on the army’s support. Groener showed the government ‘how indispensable the army was’ (F.L. Carsten, 1966). So the army kept its position and influence. [/FONT]
§[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

ROLE OF THE ARMY – Historians opinions in general
§[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]An alternative view:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] from historians such as H.T. Gordon and H.Meier-Welcher, claimed that Seeckt was loyal to the state and did much to consolidate the republican order. The Reichswehr had come to terms with the Republic, becoming a ‘republican by conviction if not by sentiment’, and would have remained so if the political leaders had shown some sympathy towards the armed forces and more understanding of Germany’s security needs.[/FONT]
§[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]From the mid-[/FONT][FONT=&quot]1970’s[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: through the writings of historians such as M.Geyer and A. Hilgrubber, a new perspective shifted interest from the Seeckt era to a period from 1926 onwards, when the army wanted to extend military influence, with the objective of creating a totalitarian military state.[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Kolb[/FONT][FONT=&quot] sums up the impact of the army in the Weimar period in the following quote; “…the political aims and ambitions of the Reichswehr chiefs, and their consequent maneuvers in 1929-32, which were in no way forced by events, were factors of the first rank in the disruption of the Weimar republic.”[/FONT]

ajk92

HSC
if its army i dont think theyll specifically say "influence of the army".....probably more so the "influence of conservative elites" cos it relates to the whole right wing stuff and doesnt limit it just to the army...meaning theres allot more to include even though it overlaps

im thinking a rise to power question *fingers crossed*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)