Any suggestion on accounting course? (1 Viewer)

LKY

HSC
N/A
Im engineering student, I want to learn something about money and increase financial intelligence, understand the basics of financial measurement, any suggestion?? This will be my last elective course. :skip:

Here is what I found that sounds good :shoot:

200582.1 Financial Statement Analysis (UG)
Discipline: ACCOUNTING
Level: 2
Assumed Knowledge
Successful completion of principles of accounting, finance and business statistics units at University level.
I have no idea about this, ok??

200525.1 Principles of Economics
Assumed Knowledge
HSC Mathematics :headbang:http://handbook.uws.edu.au/hbook/unit.aspx?unit=200525.1
Special Requirements Prerequisites
External offerings for this unit are only available to students who are enrolled in a Property course or Property key program.
:cold:
What is "External offerings for this unit"?? Can I enrol?

Last edited:

Omar-Comin

HSC
N/A
Take an intro finance course, you'll learn about the equities market, the bond market, risk premiums, etc..useful stuff.

LKY

HSC
N/A
Take an intro finance course, you'll learn about the equities market, the bond market, risk premiums, etc..useful stuff.
Do you mean Introductory Financial Accounting? Not offering :chainsaw:

LKY

HSC
N/A
no..
something like 'Financial Institutions and Markets'
51163.1Financial Institutions and Markets (MAF)
Level: 7
http://www.uws.edu.au/directory/personprocess.php?Email=v.saverimuttu@uws.edu.au

Only students enrolled in the following degrees are able to enrol in this unit: 2705 Master of Finance, 2702 Master of Applied Finance, 2704 or 2745 Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance, 2708 Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance, 2703 Master of International Trade and Finance

I don't think I can enrol and handle it :(

Omar-Comin

HSC
N/A
oh i thought it was a undergrad second year finance course?
give a link to all the subjects you can pick from and i'll tell you which is best.

LKY

HSC
N/A
oh i thought it was a undergrad second year finance course?
give a link to all the subjects you can pick from and i'll tell you which is best.
Only those subjects which do not have pre-requisite, most of them are level 1 or 2, but only very few :uhoh: or need to do with other subject at the same time.

Last edited:

dude01

HSC
51163.1Financial Institutions and Markets (MAF)
Level: 7
http://www.uws.edu.au/directory/personprocess.php?Email=v.saverimuttu@uws.edu.au

Only students enrolled in the following degrees are able to enrol in this unit: 2705 Master of Finance, 2702 Master of Applied Finance, 2704 or 2745 Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance, 2708 Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance, 2703 Master of International Trade and Finance

You're looking at the wrong one. Try:
200048 Financial Institutions and Markets
200101 Accounting Information for Managers

Both level 1 introductory courses for their respective majors... also neither have prerequisites

manavji

HSC
N/A
Firstly, if you are doing university to increase your knowledge about different fields good on you.

Secondly, if you think you cant 'handle' a course at UWS, maybe you should quit tertiary education (save on about 25k worth of HECS) and go do trade or apprenticeships instead.

dude01

HSC
Firstly, if you are doing university to increase your knowledge about different fields good on you.

Secondly, if you think you cant 'handle' a course at UWS, maybe you should quit tertiary education (save on about 25k worth of HECS) and go do trade or apprenticeships instead.
He was looking at a level 7 postgraduate unit as an elective - of course it's unsuitable for him.
I have pointed to the equivalent undergrad unit which is level 1 and and without any prerequisites, I'm sure he'll be fine doing that one.

LKY

HSC
N/A
You're looking at the wrong one. Try:

Both level 1 introductory courses for their respective majors... also neither have prerequisites
Not bad :D

Assumed Knowledge
Successful completion of principles of accounting, finance and business statistics units at University level.

200525.1Principles of Economics
Assumed Knowledge
HSC Mathematics
External offerings for this unit are only available to students who are enrolled in a Property course or Property key program.:cold:
Can I enrol it?

Last edited:

dude01

HSC
Not bad :D

Assumed Knowledge

200525.1Principles of Economics
Assumed Knowledge
HSC Mathematics
External offerings for this unit are only available to students who are enrolled in a Property course or Property key program.:cold:
Can I enrol it?
If you want an introductory accounting course - accounting information for managers is the best bet. Financial statement analysis doesn't really seem like an introductory course, and accounting is an area where you must know the basics or you will fail.

Principles of economics won't really teach you anything about money and financial intelligence. It's just the basics of micro + macro economics which is basically all theories.

Look, you seem to be making this harder for yourself lol. Since you're not a business student it's probably best to start with the introductory first year business units.

dude01

HSC
Oh, and no you can't enrol as an external student for principles of economics. As it says, the external option is only available to those who have property as their key program in the business course.

LKY

HSC
N/A
Oh, and no you can't enrol as an external student for principles of economics. As it says, the external option is only available to those who have property as their key program in the business course.
This one 200101 Accounting Information for Managers [/URL]

External offerings for this unit are only available to students who are enrolled in a Property course or Property key program.

But under Unit Sets, I found KP2739P.1Property:spzz:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)