Any top Music 1 students? (1 Viewer)

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
just wondering, who here does music 1, and reckons they've got a chance at topping the state, or at least in the top 10 in the state?

my teachers encouraged me to do music 2, but i refused, bcos i thought i could do better in 1 without doin much work, and i'm currently topping a class of 3, the other 2 of which are dead beats. so i really dont know the competition out there.

what sort of marks are you top music 1 students getting? what music perf grades hav u achieved?

pristine

HSC
lol.. yeh i was recommended to do music 2 for sure too. i was not bothered. =P
i finished my 8th grade piano 2 years ago. did 6th grade theory and left it at that cos those are the minimal requirements to the con and music uni's yer? but, i doubt i would come anywhere near top 10.

x

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
EATAPIE said:
just wondering, who here does music 1, and reckons they've got a chance at topping the state, or at least in the top 10 in the state?

my teachers encouraged me to do music 2, but i refused, bcos i thought i could do better in 1 without doin much work, and i'm currently topping a class of 3, the other 2 of which are dead beats. so i really dont know the competition out there.

what sort of marks are you top music 1 students getting? what music perf grades hav u achieved?
im not sure whether a student who is at the top of music 1 is neccessarily the sort of student who will do well in music 2, like both courses are two different kettles of fish. Like in music 2 you have to do the melodic dictations and picking pitch blah blah, whilst in music 1 you dont need to any of that.

Basically what im saying is, whether a student was told to do music 2 or not does not give a fair indication of whether they would nail music 1. Of course it would help, but yeh...

Im not going to get top 10. lol.

JoeysBoy

HSC
I was aiming for top of music 1 in the state... tho my trail performances totally ruined my hopes :( 89% :( :( :(

Wanted to get 95%+, tho I was really nervous on the day. Wierd thing is, I'm still first in the class, yet I'm not the one going to encore! The drummer (99% for trials) is probably gonna perform there. He kicked my ass SO hard for performance... gonna get him back for the aurals :cool:

GO CELLO!

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
JoeysBoy said:
I was aiming for top of music 1 in the state... tho my trail performances totally ruined my hopes :( 89% :( :( :(

Wanted to get 95%+, tho I was really nervous on the day. Wierd thing is, I'm still first in the class, yet I'm not the one going to encore! The drummer (99% for trials) is probably gonna perform there. He kicked my ass SO hard for performance... gonna get him back for the aurals :cool:

GO CELLO!
what did the drummer play?

JoeysBoy

HSC
A NUTS version of Waltzing Matilda (seriously... his solo is godly...), Djembje (A bongo Duet... I think that was his core? Not sure...), A random rock song (Drum kit solo of course), and some other song. Can't remember it.

forgotten_dark

HSC
do people know whether they have been nominated for encore or not yet? when do people find out? just wondering...

vas y molo

I topped my music one class (9 people)
I think my average is like 85%
Hoping to get at least 90 though as my HSC mark...*prays*

rowan brand

JoeysBoy said:
A NUTS version of Waltzing Matilda (seriously... his solo is godly...), Djembje (A bongo Duet... I think that was his core? Not sure...), A random rock song (Drum kit solo of course), and some other song. Can't remember it.

Hooray for KIT

I do drums and got dux of music. The aural is so brain numbingly easy. Its like english with sound - postmodern fluff.

I did Jesus of Suburbia - green day (own arrangement)
Maze -pangea (own arangement, drum duet)
Into the night - jazz, matt more
and a crazy "Afro Cuban Journey" which is all on about samba's songo's 6/8 latin, mambo and cascara..... yummmy.

bradc1988

HSC
I'm doing music 1 and me and my geetar are going to be no where near the top 10. Although I'm proficient at guitar I was so dam nervous and lost marks. I'm confident I got 17-19s for my performances but who knows. My aural sucks so hopefully I can at least hope for high 80s overall.

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
I have had 95%+ all the way through year 12 - however viva voce for HSC was kinda scary - but apart from that I hope i get up in the high rankers for Music 1 - it is nice to feel good at least ONE subject :p

Toby Buchanan

HSC
Also hoping for a 90+ in music 1.. It's a fun subject without being too much work (hopefully that isn't found out tomorrow!) lol.. My trials were pretty good, 18-20/20 for all my performances at trials, but i dont think I'd come top 10 in the state

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
I wonder what sort of mark gets you top in the state. For alot of subjects it is 100%, but for music i thought it was much lower, like 95 or something. Nathan Cavaliri came top 10 in state when he did music, and I think he only got 94-96.

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
Meads said:
I wonder what sort of mark gets you top in the state. For alot of subjects it is 100%, but for music i thought it was much lower, like 95 or something. Nathan Cavaliri came top 10 in state when he did music, and I think he only got 94-96.
there's actually a stupid new rule by the board that unless you get a raw mark of 100, u won't get an aligned mark of 100. so if u get 99/100 in any subject, even if everyone does really crap, ur aligned mark will still only be max 99/100.

so i think ur wrong bout most subjects having to get 100 to be top of the state.Only maths gets 100 nowadays i think. and last year, some guy for music 1 got 98, and i don't think he got a top 10 placeing. so i think that u would need 99 to top the state.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)